Midlife crisis update

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

Midlife crisis update

Postby expat » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:39 pm

A few people have asked how my midlife crisis is going. Well, today was a big day. I got the last part of bodywork completed. It may not look like much, but the car was a rubber bumper model so fitting a fish mouth grill involved cutting back the chassis carriers, welding cover plates in vertically and horizontally. Cutting off the rubber bumper carriers and welding a carrier for the fairing. Then trial fitting as the fairing, well as my dad would say, fitted like a dick in a top hat.....Once the grill was offered up it became apparent the the fairing needed to come forward to match the line of the grill. This involved a lot of head scratching. I was about to start cutting some metal when I had what I believe alcoholics call a moment of clarity.... :lol: I noticed that the required gap was very similar to the thickness of the chopping board in the kitchen..............Just wondering how long before my wife notices a strip of it is missing........ :shifty: :shifty:

Matt

"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Midlife crisis update

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Good to see the MGB project is still on the go, Matt!... :dance: ....!

...sitting by the side of the Honda Blackbird... 8-) ...!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:18 pm

FAR better than anything that I could have done! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I tend to forget what I was doing halfway through replacing the batteries in a flashlight (torch to many of you).
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby expat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:21 am

Fozzer wrote:Good to see the MGB project is still on the go, Matt!... :dance: ....!

...sitting by the side of the Honda Blackbird... 8-) ...!

Paul.... :D ...!

She is just out of Shot Paul... 8-)

OldAirmail wrote:FAR better than anything that I could have done! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I tend to forget what I was doing halfway through replacing the batteries in a flashlight (torch to many of you).

Don't worry, I have days like that too.........Now why do I have a couple of bolts left over.... :?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras