CYKF

Your Aviation (or Personal) Photos and discussion on Cameras & photography.

CYKF

Postby RAFSB » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Here are some shots of a few aircraft that are in the Chartright Hanger at Kitchener-Waterloo Airport. They belong to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. The jet is a Falcon 50. Hope you like.

RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: CYKF

Postby Flacke » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:18 pm

[quote="RAFSB"] The jet is a Falcon 50. Hope you like.

Hello RAFSB, the Jet in the photos is actually a" Falcon 2000". It is basically the fuselage of a Falcon 900 with two engines as opposed to 3 engines on the Falcon 900. The market has gone heavily towards two-engine private Jets so Falcon wisely added the Falcon 2000 to their model lineup. Its popular.
Very nice photos of the museum.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Wonderful set of photos Peter...well done... <<q

Hope to get there to meet several of our members from our forums here for the show in August, I guess Steve M lives just around the corner from you folks...Cambridge <<v

Perhaps if I see him on line here will drop him a note about your August show and I believe we also have a member on the forums here from Buttonville, that should only be a ninety minute drive to your place also. There are a few members in or around the Kingston Area that could make the drive also. Would be nice to have a gathering of Simviation Members for the show but also to see the set up you folks have done with all those Flight Simulator Computers and the Real Flight Simulators which am I correct in saying you have two with a third being rebuilt :?:

It might be a good idea to post on the forums here in "Real Aviation" and "General Discussion" about what is going on in August in your area... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Some nice shots there. What is going on in August? I thought they canceled the air shows. Now I'm curious. :think:

Edit: And yes I met RAF around two years ago, very nice person. It would be cool to meet up if its possible.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby RAFSB » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi Steve,

August 20th is what the airport is calling "Aviation Day". The airport is open to the public including our center and it's FREE. :mrgreen:
RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Steve M » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:27 pm

RAFSB wrote:Hi Steve,

August 20th is what the airport is calling "Aviation Day". The airport is open to the public including our center and it's FREE. :mrgreen:

Ok that's what it is. I hope to see some of you there. I have surgery in August but I hope to be all good by then. <<s
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:12 am

Lovely, thanks for sharing ;-)
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigTruck » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:17 pm

That plane in the 5th picture is fascinating! What is it? I love that paint!
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flacke » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:29 am

BigTruck wrote:That plane in the 5th picture is fascinating! What is it? I love that paint!

Hello BigT, that aircraft is the Westland Lysander. It was a World War 2 Army Liaison airplane. It was a STOL aircraft and it was pretty versatile . They even used it to transport spies into occupied Europe. They could come in low and slow and land in a field. An old friend of mine flew one on training during the War. He said it flew very well but was slow and noisy [like most WW2 airplanes].
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:29 am

Good morning all... <<q

The Westland Lysander that the Canadian War Plane Heritage operates at Hamilton Airport has Machine Guns in the Wheel Pants...novel idea... ;)

http://www.warplane.com/

They also give rides for a price in most of their aeroplanes including the Lizzy I believe... <<u
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Photos & Cameras