Swift-ly moving forward...

Let loose your artistic flair! No Rules except please keep shots within 380K & 2000 pixels wide.

Swift-ly moving forward...

Postby jphespe » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:23 am

For an antique this is truly a nice ride....

jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Swift-ly moving forward...

Postby stephan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Is that an FSX or FS9 ac? And what is it. Sorry for my asking,but since i fly heavy iron,small props arent familiar . But that's a nice one.
stephan

Postby jphespe » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 pm

FSX, payware from FSPilot Shop. made by Aeroplane Heaven, Globe Swift GC-1A. This model has an 85 HP engine but later models had 125 HP. Ray Lopresti, the Mooney Speed expert, also modified one of these with a 210 HP engine and some additional aerodynamics mods that was fully aerobatic and went like hell. Nickname for the aircraft was the "Midget Mustang". Fun to fly, both the real aircraft and the sim. I have been fortunate to experience both.

Regards,
Jim
jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:16 pm

jphespe wrote:FSX, payware from FSPilot Shop. made by Aeroplane Heaven, Globe Swift GC-1A. This model has an 85 HP engine but later models had 125 HP. Ray Lopresti, the Mooney Speed expert, also modified one of these with a 210 HP engine and some additional aerodynamics mods that was fully aerobatic and went like hell. Nickname for the aircraft was the "Midget Mustang". Fun to fly, both the real aircraft and the sim. I have been fortunate to experience both.
Regards,
Jim

Beauty in motion!! Great polished aluminum finish. I believe the ‘Midget Mustang’ might be similar to this 210 HP modified Swift, with Cessna seats & buble canopy. This shareware model is for FS2004, created by Lynn & Bill Lions, has many configs. including skis & amphibian floats, scenery & flights. Great to fly!

...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Flying Trucker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Wonderful set...well done... :clap: ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:53 am

Thanks for the answers gents !! NICE ac. Think I'll give the small ac a cruise for a while. I LOVE my heavy AC,BUT,after a while,and after lining up with the ILS and all set to land,it gets a little annoying to have to do a go around with them,and spend another 15-20 minutes getting back in line up with the ILS to land with the big ones. These smaller AC turn on a dime compared to the big ones (as I KNOW you folks know) , and seems like it's time for a change for me,... at least for a while. Thanks again. Lemme see if'n I can find them,or downloads of those models. Gotta be freeware tho...broke as glass these days,and every penny counts.
stephan

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:33 pm

stephan wrote:... Gotta be freeware tho...broke as glass these days,and every penny counts.

My PROBLEMA also, I fly with obsolete hardware & software. My HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, a year ago had a screen like mother board was KAPUT. But after conecting a second monitor, it became stable again. About 4 months ago, it started the NO START thing. When I was closing the lid, just when it was almost closed (two inches aperture) I saw a glow, waited & it started well. It turns out the FREE antivirus (Avast) was doing that. I replaced it with Avira (also free) and problema solved!. The BiOS reports the hard disk needs replacment, but when I do a Windows Scan Restart, alles is GUT!! The most modern OS my Lap will accept is ViSTA, wich I learned here at Simviation's Q&A how to Tweak it, (thank you Nick!) and it works as well as Windows 7 now. So there you are Stephan, I live with Freeware as in Free Software & Free Hardware, do my own PC maintenance, repairs & reinstalls -after the ocasional virus I clicked in my Email, disguised as a friend I trust, sending me something "I'd LOVE to see"... (then tell my friend his Mail was kidnaped)... :violin: :violin: :violin: BUT I never give up & keep trucking in my VW Transporter T2 1973 vintage (because I worked at VW's repair shop from 1967 till 69: I am my own mechanic with all needed tools) & thanks to a classic by John Muir:

...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Edited Screenshots