B744 from Atlantic Sun Airways

Let loose your artistic flair! No Rules except please keep shots within 380K & 2000 pixels wide.

Re: B744 from Atlantic Sun Airways

Postby philliptan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:19 pm

Hey, Rifleman

I've read many of your posts and I know of your experience and expertise in the aviation world. However, I thought that it was unnecessary for you to go picking on my shortening of the term. It is common knowledge that the B744 is the Boeing 747-400. I was posting a screenshot, not teaching a class. People use short forms all the time... I did not use it to "save energy". If I wanted to, I'd b typin like dis. Like I said before, even the FAA refers to it as a B744, so they're jumping off the cliff?

I just checked out the Boeing site to see what the heck a 744 was and guess what ?  ..........no such plane.....  Are you re-naming a 747-400 a 744 ?

For you to start off so sarcastically wasn't necessary.
Cheers,
Phillip Tan
philliptan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby philliptan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:50 pm

Anyway... thanks to all who responded to my post.  ;D
Last edited by philliptan on Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Phillip Tan
philliptan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Mark M. » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:50 pm

Auto dialer?  What?  Full naming has a value ... more credit than given?  Give me a break, Rifleman.  Seriously though, - get your facts straight before you post something like that again....
:-/
Mark M.

Postby Rifleman » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:29 am

[quote]
Last edited by Rifleman on Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby philliptan » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:23 am

Ok... I think we're both entitled to our opinions and that shouldn't be a barrier between us. I think you'll be glad to note that I do love using the full name/designation  when I feel it's necessary

Lets get back to having fun........

Well, that's what I'm here for... ;)
Cheers,
Phillip Tan
philliptan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fly2e » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:16 pm

Philliptan, how's it going?
Once you get to know Ken, you get a certain respect for him. When I first became a member, we almost had words because of a picture I edited. After that I realized to take "smilies and saddies" with a grain of salt. He has definatley earned the respect from many here as I guess you will see eventually since you are new to the forums. You will definatley know where you stand with Rifleman.
As ken said,
maybe one more smilie would have helped you see I was looking for info with my question
So I would relax alittle. I would hate to see if somebody gave you some constructive critisizm like, "I didn't know tires from a 747-400 left jetwash"  ???  ???

You see what I mean, we all take it with a grain of salt.

Posted by: Rifleman Posted on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 4:11pm
I just checked out the Boeing site to see what the heck a 744 was and guess what ?  ..........no such plane.....  Are you re-naming a 747-400 a 744 ?  

After re-reading the above quote from Rifleman, it looks like you might have taken it the wrong way. It was a simple sentence questioning an aircraft, that's it. Half the time a response might have been, "oops, sorry, a typ-o error, Thanks Rifleman".
So to end this I would leave you with some advice, "Welcome to simV, it is always nice to see somebody new posting alot of shots, Raw and Edited, but before you start getting "involved" with people here, (especially some one like Ken who basically "manages" the graphic forums), start off on a good foot. A good First Impression will go far here!

As for the so called "guest",
Posted by: Mark M. Posted on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 5:49pm
Uhm, do you know anything about commercial aviation?  Maybe you should do a little more research before you openly insert your foot in your mouth again...

You most likley do not even belong on the same thread as us.

like I said Philliptan, Welcome to SimV,
Dave 8)
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby philliptan » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:27 pm

Hi Dave... thanks for the welcome! :)

Of course I would like to start off on a good foot here as at anywhere... I was just posting my screenshots and minding my own business. I'm sure Ken, with his many years in aviation, knows immediately from the screenshot that it was a 747-400. And that he need not have checked the Boeing site to see "what the heck a B744 was". So, I felt that his reply was sarcastic in nature.

Maybe like what you said, I need to take it easy with Ken, and I definitely will. Though I must say that it wasn't a typo and people do refer to it as a B744. Well, Ken and I have one thing in common and that is, a love for aviation. So hopefully, we'll build on that.

So, like Ken, for me this is over and I hope to enjoy it here!
Last edited by philliptan on Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Phillip Tan
philliptan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fly2e » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:32 pm

Glad to hear it Philliptan. That's what makes these forums so different from others..... we all respect each other not like some other forums that maybe Mark M belongs to! Keep the pics comming!!   8)

Dave
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:16 pm

So now if you really want to know if you have been officially welcomed into here, this is what happens to most when they post in here, at some time or other......I take a run at editing the edit which has been posted.....I show before and after .....subtle,
Last edited by Rifleman on Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby philliptan » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:06 pm

Hey Ken,

Ok... you've tweaked the contrast, sharpened the picture and added a border.... nice.... but I like mine better!  :P ;D

BTW, call me Phillip.  ;)
Cheers,
Phillip Tan
philliptan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Rifleman » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:46 pm

[quote]Hey Ken,

Ok... you've tweaked the contrast, sharpened the picture and added a border.... nice.... but I like mine better!
Last edited by Rifleman on Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby philliptan » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:32 pm

I did also however, call in the greenskeepers to fertilize and green up the grass a bit, hired a paving crew to repair the burns on  your runway due to your early take-off rotation, resurfaced the entire length to improve the surface after fading from UV damage by sunlight, brought in a painting crew to re-new the faded colour on the engine nacelles, painters also brought out the vibrance of the back end, painters also relined the runway since they were in the area anyway, hired a crew of aerodynamicists to come and clean up the airframe to reduce drag, called in Greenpeace to come and clean up the local waters...........

Hope that didn't burn too big a hole in your pocket! ;D
Cheers,
Phillip Tan
philliptan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Rifleman » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:53 am

Hope that didn't burn too big a hole in your pocket! ;D

Not likely,..........I forwarded the bill to Atlantic Sun Airways......... ;) after all, this isn't Air Canada, is it ?
Last edited by Rifleman on Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Edited Screenshots