Paris then and now: On the spot WW2 photos

Discussions on History. Please keep on topic & friendly. Provocative & one sided political posts will be deleted.

Paris then and now: On the spot WW2 photos

Postby Apex » Fri May 22, 2015 11:51 am

Apex
Major
Major

Re: Paris then and now: On the spot WW2 photos

Postby Jean Loup » Sat May 23, 2015 9:31 am

I was born in Paris on January 18, 1943, son of a german general. By the end of 1944 we lost that (stupid!) war. All I can tell you is only my mother, my 9 years older sister & my father were lucky to survive: I have no grandparents, blood uncles nor cousins, all did not make it & were under the rubble. When the war ends, there are no crops, no jobs, no infrastructrure of any kind: only destruction and hunger, the money value drops to the bottom of the ocean, no gasoline (I remember the coal burners!), and hate is rampant and ones head is with a price. But we survived and became a family: only, I do not like uniforms at all! Now I am mexican & never even think about going back to Europe. Here, people are complaining of how unsafe is this ridiculous "War on Drugs", a mexican Civil War in disguise: in reality a weapons bussines & a pretext for raising drug prices & make it MORE profitable. Mexicans have no idea of how it was in WW II (a real war, although stupid in origin) and afterwards it became much worst with no economy. If the Russians had not blocked Berlin in 1948, USA would not have invested in the Marshall Plan: that's were West Europe reconstruction began.

No winners in war :violin: both sides have lost relatives, are in wheelchairs & bleed the same red blood :think: Only politicians do not suffer that!! Very safe in the background, doing bu$ine$$ :snooty:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to History