Ya' I Want this !!!

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Ya' I Want this !!!

Postby Jetranger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Ohhh Ya', I want this badd boy now !!!

right up my Alley , 4 Big Ol' Radial Engines, just waitin to scream all kinds of Noise and smoke too !!

I want it - I want it !!

deliver it to my Driveway :D :shock:

http://thedc6.com/index.html
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Ya' I Want this !!!

Postby Capt Walter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:48 pm

No kidding. What a beautiful aircraft!! Someone with the ability has to do a repaint of this magnificent bird for the flightsim community.
Capt Walter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:21 am

IF - if ,,, I ever get the time to figure out Just Flights Paint Files for their DC-6B propliner,, I will attempt it, won't be anytime real soon, because I'm still working on interior repaint files.

I'll slowly get around to working on it tho, eventually.

If - If I had the money to buy that DC-6, I couldn't let it sit outside, I'd have to have a really nice Enclosed hanger too !!

OK ~ So, like who wants to "GIVE" me bout' 20 million dollars ?????

Hey, its Christmas time, I do the takin' and you do the Givin !!!!! :D

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby 1olehippy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:13 am

Capt Walter wrote:No kidding. What a beautiful aircraft!! Someone with the ability has to do a repaint of this magnificent bird for the flightsim community.

I gave it a shot, or should I say :beer: Took A few.

Dave :whistle:
1olehippy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:44 am

Whooof !!!!

I seen Dat' DC6 you painted and just posted - Whoooof :D :D

Pretty darn good I might Add :o

Geshhh, if you want that DC-6 Just Flight Paint Kit to try it out on , you just yell !!

Be happy to send it to ya or post the paint kit here on simviation.

Whoooof, I like that paint scheme. :o :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DC 6 Cloud Master - Painted by : Dave Rocholl : http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-0?mark=48234#48234
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby wifesaysno » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:14 am

There are 3 DC-7s slinging mud on fires here in Oregon. Their home is in my area, get to see & hear them frequently and boy, the sight & sound of 2 DC-7s working non-stop is incredible. During busy days, the pair will taxi together to my end of the runway and shut down...a bit later they fire back up, rattling my office and covering half the field in smoke O0

After temps come up they conduct a minimal interval takeoff and WOW that is loud!!! Shakes you down to your toe nails :lol:

And off they go...a funny thing is a loaded DC-7 firebomber out climbs the equally loaded BAe146 firebombers. Nothing like radial power!

At the height of a fire, the 7's will have a turn-around time of 10-20 minutes. Thats 10-20min from touch down to wheel up including taxi to the pit and re-loading with retardant, snacks, and some fuel. I have seen them do that all day from sun up to sun down! Pretty cool to see old work horses busting cylinders to protect homes and stop the fires from burning too much forest.

At the field I do most of my flight training besides the firebombers I got this:
http://www.ericksoncollection.com/aircraft/
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Return to Real Aviation