Always upsetting news....

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Always upsetting news....

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 am

...when I read of a fatal plane crash in an area that I am very familiar with, after exploring the area for many years...>>>

http://news.kron4.com/news/search-on-fo ... ar-novato/

California:
Beechcraft Bonanza en-route from Redding (KRDD) to San Carlos (KSQL).
Engine failure, and an attempt to land at nearby Gnoss Field (KDVO).

So near, and yet so far....

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Always upsetting news....

Postby mrplanecrazzy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:07 am

This news is always sad...........even worse when it's close and you wonder if you know someone.
Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790K - ASUS Z97-A - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 - 250GB Samsung 840 EVO - 1.5TB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM - Corsair 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz - 900 Watts -Apevia Warlock Power Supply LG 49" 4K Monitor 4096x2160
mrplanecrazzy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 am

..of course, I forgot to mention that all my daily explorations are carried out using the Flight Sims (FS 2004/FSX), various maps (satellite, terrain, etc), local news (Kron4, LA Times, BBC News, etc), and Wikipedia for area details...
...but its still disturbing when I am so familiar with the particular region in my Flight Sim explorations...

I cover lots of news disasters in the Flight Sim, (Wildfires, Floods, Landslides, Earthquakes, etc) and explore those areas in great detail each day.

Lots to learn about the World, using Microsoft's Flight Simulators, plus some extra bits and bobs!

Paul....NORCAL + SOCAL Explorer... 8-) ...!

U.S. News, E-mailed to me each day...>>> http://news.kron4.com/
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby PhantomTweak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

And here I did it the hard way all those years...I lived in the area when I was growing up for 18 years...I did however explore the area pretty well :D Too bad it was just from ground level, mostly ;)

I am, however, saddened by news of anything like that in the area... :(

Great flights, and safe days to all!
Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby logjam » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:21 pm

My neighbor has a Mooney. Had an engine fire near Ft.McMurray last year. Cause was a cracked exhaust manifold. Fortunately he made a successful dead stick. Cost him big bucks to repair and even more for a taxi ride. So sad to hear of this poor guy.
logjam
Major
Major

Return to Real Aviation