Right-Hand Drive 1963 Corvette Z06 is Still a Mystery

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Right-Hand Drive 1963 Corvette Z06 is Still a Mystery

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:52 pm

When I saw in 1961 car magazines the Chevrolet XP-755 Mako Shark Concept, the design got my attention: previous Chevrolet sport cars were poor & slow americanized versions of the european car standard. Not this one: it was daring!! No other sports car had this looks:

Based in the Mako Shark concept, Chevrolet introduced in 1963 it's first Corvette coupé, with hidden headlights & a split rear window: the Sting Ray, different from anything european, powerfull & extremely sexy!!

For more interesting images & links about the Corvette Sting Ray, go to The World’s Only Right-Hand Drive 1963 Corvette Z06 is Still a Mystery

You will enjoy it!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
:auto-camptrailer:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: Right-Hand Drive 1963 Corvette Z06 is Still a Mystery

Postby Steve M » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Nice post Jean. Right hand drive would certainly confuse me. I had a friend that collected and restored corvettes so I actually got to drive the 63 split window. The concept photo shows that it has Laker pipes. If I may refer to my friend as "Jerry" because his name is actually Jerry. Jerry had a '73 vette with lakers and at stoplights those pipes would gas us bigtime. So "Jerry" let me drive his car. I had just shifted into 3rd and had to back off when the front left side started floating. ^-^
Steve M
Major
Major

Return to Autos