Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Dave T » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Engines run better when the air is colder.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 pm

For your information, Tequila does run a Harley, but instead of saying "potato, potato" it says "Agave, Agave."

:?
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

.... :o ....!

Its ME that needs physically stabilising, nowadays, Doug!.... :D ....!

...and talking about Flat-Heads.... :think:.....

One of my favourite videos pertaining to the Harley Davidson with a flat-head motor (Side-valve)...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihftTvaWbd8&t=124s

A nice trip on an old bike (1942) with hand-change Gear selection and a foot-operated Clutch...old times long ago!

I was so impressed with it, and the vintage idea, that I published one of my Bike rides this year, with a section in black and white recording, reminding me of my Biking times back in the 1950's!

Paul.....keeping an eye on the January weather!.... ;) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:09 am

"Where do you want to go today"....>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_do_ ... o_today%3F

....and as I sit in front of my computer, on this overcast, miserable Sunday afternoon, watching the rain pouring down outside and unable to go for a Motorcycle ride in the freezing cold February in England...

...I ponder (as I do) what it must be like to be in Arizona?.... instead.... :think: ....

So, I select a nice journey, with a grand selection of Folks, all riding Harley Davidsons, and enjoying themselves amongst some glorious wide-open countryside, in some wonderful, blue sky, warm weather....

...and enjoy the trip!...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECzd7u2aDNo

The sort of experience I can never get over here!... :( ...!

...I can but dream.... :roll: ....!

Paul.... ;) ...!

P.S...I've got some more Motor-Biking videos to upload to You-Tube.......when it stops raining!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:29 am

Looks like you and I are in the same boat Fozzer, Just got a foot of snow here and I am waiting till 0700 before I get the blower out to remove it. Don't want to upset the neighbors with the noise at 0500.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby expat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:43 am

One for our "older" bikers :lol: :lol:

Matt

"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Where did you find that picture of me?..Lol.

Anthin... :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:43 pm

One of my Son's newest steed:
2014 Triumph Speed Triple 1050cc in white....>>>

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/mot ... eed-triple

...and his Wife's (my lovely daughter-in-law) newest steed:

2008 Yamaha MTO-3 650cc in white....>>>

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products ... stechspecs

Fozzer's Biker Family!

...and we all need now is some nice weather to take our Bikes out for ride again!

Paul..... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Hello Chums... :D ....!

My latest escapade.....

Taking advantage of a warm? day in Mid February to take a short detour trip around the local countryside en-route to Sainsbury's to do some shopping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vyTi9w83CI&t=131s

A very pleasant trip, because the next day the weather went back to normal again...Cold, wet, dull, and miserable...!

Paul....More stuff to come...when the weather gets warmer!... :D ...!

P.S...don't forget to; "Like"...and; "Subscribe".... :bow: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Hello Chums...!

Its times like this, as I sit I my chair, looking out of my window on a cold, miserable, English February morning, that I envy my American Chums with their magnificent scenery to explore, with their Motorcycles....

...and I turn to some You-Tube Videos to remind just how lucky they are!

Some of the countryside enjoyed by my good Sim V Chum, Alan, (Viper Pilot), in Denver Colorado!

A trip along Highway 119 from Boulder to Interstate 70, leading to Denver, through the Arapaho National Forest!...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZMH7YRQdF0

The USA Scene is specially designed in most places for Tourists to enjoy on their travels....

...and the Americans do it to aplomb!

Enjoy the trip...as much as I do!....

Paul..... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 am

This is the sort of thing I like to watch, and gets me out for a ride on my Bike!...>>>

A lovely old 1942 Harley Davidson UL, "Flat Head" (Side-valve) 45 degree, Vee-Twin!....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihftTvaWbd8&t=51s

...The video which gave me the idea for my Motorcycle Video reminding me of times past (1950's) on my Bikes!...>>>

....on my 1983/1993 Yamaha RX-S 100, 2-stroke Bike....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwEMEbzL5lk

Enjoy the rides!.... :dance: ...!

Its late February in England now, miserable, wet weather, so I'm eagerly waiting for Warm Spring to get me; "out-and-about" again on two wheels!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Hey there Fozzer, enjoyed your trip back in time. Still a lot of crashes for me in the 70's as I used to like to push everything to the limit. I don't bounce as well now as I used to so I take it easy now and try to stay upright :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Tug002 wrote:Hey there Fozzer, enjoyed your trip back in time. Still a lot of crashes for me in the 70's as I used to like to push everything to the limit. I don't bounce as well now as I used to so I take it easy now and try to stay upright :lol:

Keep smiling

In my 65+ years of daily motorcycling, Tug, I've never had a crash due to my own stupidity or inattention.
Most of the time we just slid off due to loose gravel on the road/corners, (lots of it at the time!), or "plastic tyres" on wet roads!

I never was one for high speeds, or taking risks, due to my never-ending fear involving; "Pain and/or Death"....
....It was/is always uppermost in my mind!.... :o ...!

A lot of fun in Motorcycling involves acute observation to keep out of trouble!

Regarding the old Harley side-valve "Flathead" in the video above, I have a soft spot for those old Vintage and Veteran bikes, Knuckleheads, Flatheads, Panheads, and Shovelheads up to 1984 when the modern Evo's, etc, took over....>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Da ... e_timeline

...and lots of fun on some very old; "Ladies", Harleys, Indians, Excelsior, Henderson, etc!...

Cannonball Run...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM_z2HgcDkI&t=996s

Beautiful feats of engineering for the time!

Paul....Mostly Carburetted!.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello my Biker Chums!

What is your view on Marmite?

Do you like it of hate it....

..a bit like Harley Davidson Motorcycles.... :lol: ...!

I remember, a few years ago, that I used to hate "Harley Davidson" with a vengeance, reminding me of everything bad about the USA and some of its Folks who live there...gangs, drugs, and violence...(and certain Politicians!)!
My bikes have always been both British and Japanese Motorcycles., but after speeding around on super-sports Bikes in Britain for most of my time, I fancied something a bit different for a change....
...maybe a "Cruiser".... :think: ...!

I'm a bit too old, skinny, and weak now, for big trans-country Cruisers (Harley Road Glides, etc) so I opted for either a Yamaha 250 Dragstar vee-twin Cruiser, or a Honda 250 vertical twin Cruiser!
Light-weight and easy to manage for me.
The 250 Dragstar was/is a bit thin on the ground over here, so I opted for the more available 250 Honda Rebel, which is very popular in the USA!

This interesting article came through my E-Mail today, with reference to the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company, and some of its recent problems...>>>

http://www.wemoto.com/news/article/1124 ... e_a_harley

(Where I get my bits and bobs from for my Honda and my Yamaha Bikes).

If I had the money (and the physical strength) I would quite like a Harley Davidson vee-twin for the history, heritage, the comradeship, the sound, and the looks!

Probably a Harley 833 or 48/72 to start off with, even though there are lots of Far East alternatives to choose from.!

But it seems that they are falling out of favour in the USA!... :o ....!

So...

Like Marmite, would you love a Harley or hate a Harley!

(I love Marmite!).... :dance: ...!

What do you reckon Chums?

Would you go for a Harley Cruiser, or a "Rice-Burner" Cruiser?... :) ....!

...or neither!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos