Bikers v ISIS...

What are you laughing at?

Bikers v ISIS...

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:18 am

As a fellow Biker, I am well aware of the activities of the Dutch Biker group, and I suspect that the "ISIS" will be in for a very hard time... ;) ....>>>

http://rt.com/news/195980-netherlands-biker-gang-isis/

Be VERY afraid!

Paul....Complete with Yamaha, spiked Mace, and Chain!... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Bikers v ISIS...

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:37 am

Well Terry Taliban and his chums are using old Soviet era bikes.... I think they're doomed :-D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 am

Its nice to see that some private individuals are standing up against these ISIS fanatical religious terrorists...>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29635394

"Religion" always results in bad things happening.

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:52 am

It isn't religion that's the problem Paul, its extremism, that in any form, whether religion or politics is the problem. Did you know the Buddhists have never gone to war with anyone over religion? Proof positive if you ask me ;-)
There's always some dork willing to make an excuse out of something to be sh*tty to someone....
I think I might start a new prejudice against little old ladies who have plastic fruit on their hats, we've not had that one yet :-D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sprocket » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:30 am

ozzy72 wrote:It isn't religion that's the problem Paul, its extremism, that in any form, whether religion or politics is the problem. Did you know the Buddhists have never gone to war with anyone over religion? Proof positive if you ask me ;-)
There's always some dork willing to make an excuse out of something to be sh*tty to someone....
I think I might start a new prejudice against little old ladies who have plastic fruit on their hats, we've not had that one yet :-D

Sorry Ozzy, a small correction here..Buddhism IS NOT a religion in any shape of form...it has never been.

"It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being."

Buddhism does not demand blind faith from its adherents. Here mere belief is dethroned and is substituted by confidence based on knowledge, which, in Pali, is known as saddha. The confidence placed by a follower on the Buddha is like that of a sick person in a noted physician, or a student in his teacher. A Buddhist seeks refuge in the Buddha because it was he who discovered the path of deliverance.

Read more here...
http://www.buddhanet.net/nutshell03.htm

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks Sprocket, I've just come away a little wiser and more knowledgeable. That's what I love about this place, you learn such interesting and unexpected things!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PhantomTweak » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:06 pm

ozzy72 wrote:It isn't religion that's the problem Paul, its extremism, that in any form, whether religion or politics is the problem. Did you know the Buddhists have never gone to war with anyone over religion? Proof positive if you ask me ;-)

I hate to argue, but the Shao-Lin monks of the Honan province claim to be Bhuddists, and they have been attacked more times by government troops than I can count. They also defended themselves. In some cases effectively, in some not. Not exactly declaring war, but the effect wound up the same. I am certain there are any number of other examples, I just don't know them. I believe, although I am frequently mistaken, that some Samurai were Buddhist also. And THEY had no trouble going to war, declared or otherwise. Again, though, I may well be wrong on that one.
I'm sure there may be other examples out there, although maybe not so numerous as the Judeo-Christians, who seem willing to go to war at the drop of a hat. And yes, that includes Muslims.
I applaud the Bikers going to help fight. Good on them. Lot of American Citizens seem to be in the Kurdish camps too it appears. Sadly, a TON have joined the ISIS troops...Pity.
Have a great day all :D
Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby logjam » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 am

It's not wrong to defend oneself, but I find it hard to see how a little fat guy sitting x legged could ever be accused of violence.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 am

logjam wrote:It's not wrong to defend oneself, but I find it hard to see how a little fat guy sitting x legged could ever be accused of violence.

.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

At the moment the Little Fat Guy ornament is sitting on my mantle-piece collecting dust... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
My dear old Dad, (who was in the British Army in India in 1914), was fascinated with using Buddha's as ornaments around our house in England, but he had no time whatsoever for "Religion" of any kind....He just liked the ornaments, of all sizes, (they are all the same shape)!!.... :lol: ...!

Me?....Just like my dear old Dad, I also have no time for "Religion" either. It serves no purpose, except to encourage conflict!

I don't need to pray to Allah, (or any one/thing else), in the desperate hope that today's Lamb Casserole will turn out nice and tasty.... :lol: ...!

A life without "Religion" getting in the way, is full of happiness and laughter...Trust me!... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:31 am

Fozzer wrote:Just like my dear old Dad, I also have no time for "Religion" either. It serves no purpose, except to encourage conflict!
I don't need to pray to Allah, (or any one/thing else), in the desperate hope that today's Lamb Casserole will turn out nice and tasty.... :lol: ...!
A life without "Religion" getting in the way, is full of happiness and laughter...Trust me!
Why, Foz, you say you've no time for religion -- then tell us how religious you are in your belief...

P.S. Even the demented, atheist or otherwise, are religious; unfortunately, not usually to the good. The mind is a terrible thing at waste... I'm not talking about any particular religion(s) here -- only that, by definition, our own set of beliefs qualify as our religion.

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:20 am

WOWZERS!@H....

Interesting!

You mentioned the word; "Belief"....
...and do you know what...I had to "Google" that word to find out what it meant!... :o ....>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief

...and I really cant recall having an overwhelming belief in anything which would constantly occupy my mind!
I don't seem to spend my time believing in anything in particular..... :think: ....!
I take things as they come, and decide whether I believe in them, or not, if its important to do so...most times its not...!
Either way I don't dwell on it.....plenty more interesting things to think about, or do!.... :D ...!
I suspect that I believed in Fairies when I was very young, but I'm at the age now that I don't spend time believing in anything in particular, and take life as it throws at me day by day.
That keeps me happy and contented!..... :dance: ...!

Religion?...>>> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion ....Pass!.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Paul....Happy and Contented!.... :mrgreen: ...!

I believe I'm going to prepare and cook my Sunday dinner in a minute...That's all the belief I need at the moment!... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:31 am

@ Foz,

Can't help but ask if you have a religious belief:
do you believe you have to eat or is it unimportant; are those meals you post just a photographic hobby?
:D

belief (hmn... I see they how they divided a source word so that the 1st part is 'bile' -- is that to explain where some think from?)
In the definitions I also note that some of my relatives and past associates are mentioned -- quite religiously adhere to their sports... it's their religion and they just can't miss the game! Dang Normans -- it states our English 'religion' actually came from the French...

:D

^-^
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby logjam » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:45 am

Now that you mention it he Canadian legion is accepting anyone as members now. Nothing like the real legion anymore.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 pm

papituwall
Captain
Captain

Return to Humour