A day to remember

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

A day to remember

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:26 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39223308
Although I was only 11yrs old I still remember this being on the news and living in Cornwall it brought it home a lot. Seeing the RAF and Navy try to bomb it to burn off the oil looked truly exciting to me then. As I got older I came to realise it was a truly devastating occurrence that has happened to many time since.

Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: A day to remember

Postby H » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 am

Although I like to put a humorous twist to things, it just won't fit here...
For decades now, I've known that our petroleum use needs to be phased out, contrary to the economical adversity to it. Again, it has nothing to do with technological inability (far from the truth -- with my own ancient technology, I've made my own indefinitely self-powering unit with my very limited financial means). Hybrid vehicles are quite unnecessary; we've always been able to replace the combustion engine with a second battery pack and the vehicle will run from one while the other is charged and waiting to reverse stations -- and our technology is well beyond that! However, replacing gas pumps with charging units is the real problem. Not only is the oil industry faced with losing their burn-it-up-into-the-atmosphere income but those charging units might only get used if a vehicle's charging system breaks down -- all of those convenience outlets aren't going to sell enough cups of coffee/tea/snacks to stay in business. That is the dilemma...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion