Lunch Paul ?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Lunch Paul ?

Postby RAFSB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:14 pm

I may be Canadian but I have English. Scottish in my bones.
Cream Peas on Toast for lunch. This is what it looks like. mmmmm good.

RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Lunch Paul ?

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:34 pm

......mmmmmm..... :? ....!

...dunno...

How about a genuine Scottish Haggis with mashed potatoes, veg, and gravy.....RAF.... ;) ...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

Food for Scotsmen....and everyone else!.... :dance: ....!

Minced Beef and Onion Pie (topped with puff pastry) for Sunday Dins tomorrow, with mashed potatoes, various veg, and gravy....

....and a nice Cream Sherry!.....HIC!....

Paul.... :D ....!

P.S...Lunch.....In England, "Lunch" is a mid-morning worker's snack (cheese sandwich, etc), followed by a proper mid-day "Dinner"...like the ones above...with gravy!... :dance: ...!
Sequence: Breakfast, Dinner, Tea, and Supper...in that order.... :) ...!
....the way our dear old Mums always arranged it, in the olden Days!.... ;) ...(and I still do!).... :dance: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:21 pm

P.P.S....

RAFSB....Talking about being; "Canadian"....

I see many of my North American/Canadian/Australian/New Zealand Chums as "exports" from the United Kingdom and Eire (Ireland) many years ago!

I see traces of it/them in many of the various You-Tube Motorcycle, etc, videos that I watch!.... :D ....!

You may all be a long way away now, but you are always in my thoughts, close to home!... :D ....!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!

By the way...what is the weather like in Ontario now?... :o ....!

P.S...Flight Simmers...where did your forebears originate from!
A fascinating subject for a new Subject/Thread!.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby aussiewannabe » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Fozzer wrote: P.S...Flight Simmers...where did your forebears originate from!
A fascinating subject for a new Subject/Thread!.... :mrgreen: ...!

Don't be bashful, Paul. You should start the thread :whistle:
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Postby RAFSB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Weather..Ontario is bloody cold again. But starting to get warmer through the week.

Peter
RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:25 pm

RAFSB wrote:Weather..Ontario is bloody cold again. But starting to get warmer through the week.
I wish you'd keep that cold air instead of allowing it to escape across NY and VT to visit NH. However, after yesterday's 12° F, the oncoming above 40° weather will be quite welcome...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 pm

H wrote:
RAFSB wrote:Weather..Ontario is bloody cold again. But starting to get warmer through the week.
I wish you'd keep that cold air instead of allowing it to escape across NY and VT to visit NH. However, after yesterday's 12° F, the oncoming above 40° weather will be quite welcome...

8-)

Its certainly a cold old place in the Winter-time... :( ...!

New England!

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York State!

Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia, is slightly warmer....

And its not until you get down to North Carolina that is gets more comfortable!

North Carolina countryside and weather is similar to my local countryside in England...without its high hedgerows!!

Paul....touring the USA on my Maps!... :D ...!

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/f ... -the-chill

Nicer stuff on the way?.....>>>> http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n ... s/70001029
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Fozzer wrote:Its certainly a cold old place in the Winter-time... :( ...!
New England!
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York State!
Be careful how you categorize, Foz. Some older die-hard Vermonters may be miffed to see New York affixed to New England. Aside from segregating the six (originally only four: Maine was part of Massachusetts and Vermont... well, read on) New England states from the rest of the continental U.S., NH and NY colonists in what's now Vermont were at war with one another: NH and NY both claimed the area as part of their colonial territory and the majority of the colonists were from NH. The "rebellion" against Britain gave a respite and, rather honoring their summertime's Green Mountains, afterwards became the independent Republic of Vermont (French 'vert mont' = green mountain}, to be subsequently admitted as the 14th state of the Union (Maine became the 15th).

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 am

Sorry @H..... :oops: ...!

My excuse is, that I added New York State to the North East group, due to the fact that like New England, it also suffers from the cold in the depths of Winter!

Lots of my You-Tube Motorcycle Chums live in and around New England, and often give indications of where they originated.... ;) ....

"Thanksgiving dates back to the Pilgrims' 17th Century arrival in Plymouth, Massachusetts, where they dined with the Native-Americans at the first holiday meal"

Similar to some of my Biking Chums in Canada.

1600's....

That was a long while ago!... :o ...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrims_(Plymouth_Colony)

Paul..... :D ...!

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/ent ... im_Fathers
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion