Me, and Time Zones!....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Me, and Time Zones!....

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:11 am

Each day, at certain times of the day, (mostly in the morning), I wonder why no-one is getting really excited at my many Forum postings, and replying to them with much enthusiasm!.... :( .....

.....until I peek at their local times, all listed at the bottom of my Firefox Browser.... :shock: ...!

My Flight Sim Chums in the USA, from the Atlantic Coast to the Pacific Coast, are all still fast asleep in bed...(Yesterday's Time)

...and for my Flight Sim Chums in New Zealand and Australia....its, "Tomorrow's" time!".... :o ...!

I am located (Greenwich Time Zone, England) somewhere in between!.... :lol: ...!

With my daily wandering around the World, this little add-on to my "Firefox Browser", is worth its weight in gold to find their "Local times"...Fox Clocks...>>>

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Gb/firefo ... foxclocks/

All the important times are listed at the bottom of my Firefox Browser, for instant viewing.

Absolutely invaluable for me as I wander the World in my Explorations!

Paul....Timeless.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Me, and Time Zones!....

Postby Tug002 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:41 am

I try not to think about time zones as I am easily confused most of the time without trying to find new was to be even more confused :lol: 0541 EST :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:43 am

Tug002 wrote:I try not to think about time zones as I am easily confused most of the time without trying to find new was to be even more confused :lol: 0541 EST :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

I know the feeling, Tug!...... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

I am always fascinated how my USA (and Canadian) Chums manage to negotiate their way through four Time zones in their own country!

USA: Eastern Standard Time, Central Time, Mountain Time, and Pacific Time...each is one hour difference!.... :o ...!

How do you manage, when the shop across the road is on a different Time Zone to you!.... :o ...!

...an how do you phone your Mum when she is across the US States, in a different Time Zone...and she is probably still asleep in bed!

It must be so confusing, when trying to contact each other across different Time Zones!

Fortunately, for me, the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is always the same, no matter where I travel in Great Britain... :dance: ...!

I don't have to keep resetting my watch as I travel the highway!!

I am fascinated with Time Zones!*.... :D ...!

Paul....Mostly zoned-out!.... :lol: ...!

* ...I am fascinated with most things!.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:56 am

Fozzer wrote:Fortunately, for me, the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is always the same, no matter where I travel in Great Britain... :dance: ...!

I don't have to keep resetting my watch as I travel the highway!!

This was not always the case --> Railway Time

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:50 am

Your mention of a difference in time across the street isn't so offbeat, Foz; there are also places in the U.S. that didn't adhere to 'daylight savings time' and, thus, are in a different time zone from those around them much of the year. Also, as was once even more so for the U.K., the U.S. isn't restricted to its continental territory. When the USAF flew me out of Guam, I landed in Hawaii the day before I'd left...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion