Chinese New Year!

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Chinese New Year!

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:30 am

January 28th.

The year of the Rooster!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

So I'm celebrating it with a hot Indian Chicken Tikka Madras Curry, with Basmati Rice and Crinkle Chips!.... :dance: ....!

...(none of this funny Chinese Noodles, Bamboo Shoots and Grass stuff, etc)... :roll: ...!

Starting off with this...>>>> https://www.pataks.co.uk/products/spice ... p-meal-kit

...and adding stuff as I go along!

The Rooster will taste lovely...trust me!.... :D ....!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Chinese New Year!

Postby Apex » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:37 am

Roosters. Hah! Not too keen on the buggers. 40 years I rented a house with a couple of friends, the landlady had chickens and a rooster. Well, we all know what roosters do early in the morning, and it doesn't involve the chickens, OK, maybe it does, but I'm not a fan of rooster, uh, what's it called when they crow. Crowing. Is that what it's called? Used to wake us up way too early. And nowadays, 2 doors down, someone also has one, fortunately I can't hear in inside my house, but it's there allright, I can hear it sometimes when I'm outside. That doesn't bug me, it's OK when outside, blends it with all the other stuff out there. Just keep it outside.

So, if roosters crow, do crows roost?

In other bird news, I found a 15 inch long vulture feather in the back yard last week. The vultures show up only in Jan & Feb when the weather's cooler, but never a V feather dropped before. Nice addition to my smaller feather collection.

And more bird news. Or rather, the absence of such lately. Nothin', no jays or mockings or whatever. There's plenty of jungle stuff around here for them, but they've disappeared completely to the point where if even one shows up it would be an event. Ya just gotta have birds around. I'm sure Fozzer would agree it's better than stray cats.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:54 am

Just finished preparing my Chinese New Year Bamboo Stuff Indian New Year Curry.....

Hot Punjabi Tikka Masala Chicken/Rooster Curry with Basmati Rice and Oven Crinkle Chips.

...with extra Chillies...

Its looking and tasting FAB so far....

The New Year Chinese Rooster is not best pleased....

...but I don't care!.... :dance: ...!

Will post photos, later, if I can resist the temptation to eat/devour it first.... ;) ...!

Paul....In the Kitchen with a Curry... :D ...!

Apex: Its the Neighbor's Neighbour's Straying Cats that kill all my lovely Garden Birds!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bk7vUD0vN0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA9Ood3-peg[/youtube]
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Fozzer wrote:Just finished preparing my Chinese New Year Bamboo Stuff Indian New Year Curry.....

Hot Punjabi Tikka Masala Chicken/Rooster Curry with Basmati Rice and Oven Crinkle Chips.

...with extra Chillies...

Its looking and tasting FAB so far....

The New Year Chinese Rooster is not best pleased....

...but I don't care!.... :dance: ...!

Will post photos, later, if I can resist the temptation to eat/devour it first.... ;) ...!

Paul....In the Kitchen with a Curry... :D ...!

Apex: Its the Neighbor's Neighbour's Straying Cats that kill all my lovely Garden Birds!

Yummy!! Birds curry
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:34 pm

There you go Chums....

...as promised!

A celebration of the Chinese New Year......with a twist...>>>

Indian Punjabi Tikka Masala Chicken Curry with fluffy Basmati Rice and Crinkle Oven Chips!

It was seriously hot (with extra Chillies) and partly removed the top of my scalp!

Lovely stuff!

Happy New Year, China!... :dance: ....!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:14 pm

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Chopped Chicken...

....hiding in Curry Sauce...!

Paul..... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Well....

That's Chinese New Year Culinary Celebration done and dusted.... :ugeek: ....

...but I've still got lots of the Chicken Tikka Masala Curry left over, so with some more Basmati Rice and Oven Crinkle Chips...

....I rustle up an English New Year Culinary Celebration!..... :dance: ...!

A couple of weeks late, but the delay was worth it!... ;) .....>>>

Excellent for cleansing debris from the tongue, throat, internal organs and the exit area.

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:52 am

Fozzer wrote:Chopped Chicken...

....hiding in Curry Sauce...!

Paul..... :D ...!

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Return to General Discussion