There is an awful lot of stuff....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

There is an awful lot of stuff....

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:12 am

...out there!..... :shock: ...!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-38188057

The Sun in our tiny Solar System is a tiny Star surrounded by 9 small Planets, in a remote arm of the Milky Way Spiral Galaxy, which contains 100 Billion individual Stars.

...and there are between 100 Billion and 200 Billion separate Spiral Galaxies in the known Universe, all containing lots of individual Stars with lots of small Planets.....

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... -astronomy

So there is an awful lot of stuff out there... :o ...!

Which is quite mind boggling, and can keep you/me awake at nights contemplating it all!

Just make sure you don't bump into anything during your travels!.... :ugeek: ....!

Paul...another bright, shining Star.... ;) ... :D....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: There is an awful lot of stuff....

Postby FlexibleFlier » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:41 am

Just make sure you don't bump into anything during your travels!

According to many scientists, our galaxy will mesh with the Andromeda galaxy in some millions or billions of years from now and - here's the part I find hard to understand - the likelihood of any stars or planets actually colliding is almost zero. Yes, I get it about the vastness of space, and how on the atomic level things don't bump into each other, but it seems to me that all that mass must have enormous gravitation pull and eventually somethings have to go bump in the night.

As for the incredible numbers of galaxies, and therefore stars and planets, it will be interesting to see what the new telescope (the name escapes me at the moment) will find when it's launched. I suspect we don't yet know the half of it.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:39 am

It gets MUCH worse!

From Nature World News - Time Travel Is Actually Possible With Parallel Dimensions, Say Physicists
According to a report from The Sun UK, a group of physicists that includes Professor Howard Wiseman and Dr Michael Hall from the Griffith University Centre for Quantum Dynamics believe that there are a number of different timelines that play out in parallel universes. Moreover, these different universes can actually affect each other.

So not only do you have the universe that you know about, but an infinite number of parallel universes coexisting with our own.

I don't know ??? Maybe "they" aren't coexisting with us, but we with them? :think:

Next up on Science - How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Also, don't forget to watch the new video about - How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Side note - It has not been proven that a woodchuck would chuck wood if he could.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:32 pm

More food for thought...

The concept of the "Multiverse" is also examined in the movie The One, with Jet Li, and is also a plot Device in the various shows of the DC Universe (Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, DC's Legends of Tomorrow) currently on American TV.

Alan :ugeek: :think:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Return to General Discussion