A sobering thought.....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

A sobering thought.....

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 21, 2016 10:12 am

..whilst we Oldies and Youngsters enjoy or lives in general, and our Flight Sim "games", etc....
...its easy to forget that there are lots of teenagers, etc, out there, whose lives are miserable, and pointless, and resort to harming themselves to relieve the pain of their lives!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36322642

Its another world, between them and us, that we are often not aware of!

Paul.....in a sober mood for a change... :roll: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: A sobering thought.....

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Fozzer wrote:..whilst we Oldies and Youngsters enjoy or lives in general, and our Flight Sim "games", etc....
...its easy to forget that there are lots of teenagers, etc, out there, whose lives are miserable, and pointless, and resort to harming themselves to relieve the pain of their lives!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36322642

Its another world, between them and us, that we are often not aware of!

Paul.....in a sober mood for a change... :roll: ...!

I only hope this video might help for some and also for most of us to understand with in the mind. Why people or teenagers choose suicide.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QoyTmeAYw[/youtube]
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:04 am

Love yourself will overcome hopelessness, self-pity or "The prison of your mind"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaRO5-V1uK0[/youtube]
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re:Life is easy. Why do we make it so hard?

Postby pilotwin7 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:49 am

Life is easy. :D Why do we make it so hard? :think:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21j_OCNLuYg[/youtube]

Jon is a farmer from northeastern Thailand. He founded the Pun Pun Center for Self-reliance, an organic farm outside Chiang Mai, with his wife Peggy Reents in 2003. Pun Pun doubles as a center for sustainable living
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: What adults can learn from kids

Postby pilotwin7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:20 pm

What adults can learn from kids :think: ... :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-bjOJzB7LY[/youtube]
Child prodigy Adora Svitak says the world needs "childish" thinking: bold ideas, wild creativity and especially optimism.
Kids' big dreams deserve high expectations, she says, starting with grownups' willingness to learn from children as much as to teach.
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: Living the dream

Postby pilotwin7 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:22 am

:D Beautiful speech. WOW :o
"Being human, we have the abilities to learn, grow, and reflect from the mistake." :clap: :clap:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1LeGwELv9o[/youtube] Image

Praya will talk about growing up in a multicultural society and how this has shaped her in becoming who she is today. Her would like to motivate youth to dream big and live those dreams.
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 am

I suspect that all these Teen-Agers will one day be Parents, Grandparents, and Great-Grandparents...just like me... :whistle: ....

...and all their fancy dreams and aspirations with be lost in the Mists of Time...

And they will become normal Grown-ups...paying their bills...just like me... :D ...!

Its the way life goes!.... ;) ...!

Paul....somewhere in the Mist.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:40 pm

HELLO wise old chap from England (or UK) & Pilotwin7 (from¿?), after watching the different videos included on this post -most of them from priviledged people that pontificate- the one striking me is "The prison of your mind". His key frase (for me) is "NEVER BELiEVE ANY PREDICTiON", period. Many Old Chaps in this forum have been born under the ravages of WW II, where Death visited many a times per day, taking away loved ones & unknown neighbors so democraticaly: WiTH NO DiSTiNCTiON. Everybody around us focused so much in survival that it did become a habit. In my case, I never had any time to analize if my life was good or bad, if I was happy or depresed, if I liked to work or hated it. In special when times become dire, there is less analizing since I focus all my energies to emerge from that dire situation. Afterwards (when the storm is over) I dedicate my time to enjoy life: my work, my family & my environment.

When living in Puerto Escondido MX (1990's), the bunch of derelict "grown ups" played Frisbee Golf along the Zicatela Beach for a Mile. I became very close to Captain Hook, a Vietnam veteran that lost both hands with a grenade and later, thanks to the front line limited medical atention & gangreene, lost both arms leaving only two little stomps after both arm pits. He had mechanical arms that ended in grabing hooks (hence his name) moving them with bowden cables (bicycle brake cables) he controled with diferent movements of his stomps. He could grab a pen & write, or drink beer & eat, or drive his Pick up truck. I was his mechanic for greasing & adjusting such arms cables.

When he started his Retirement and Disability Benefits he decided to live in Hawaii. Since before the Vietnam war he was a lawyer & a successful one at that, he started practicing again: defending the native priviledge to grow & sell "Paco Lolo" (Olelo Hawaii language for marijuana). He was wining the case & was promptly deported from the USA, on condition that his Retirement and Disability Benefits would be paid as long as he NEVER stepped on USA soil. So, he resided in Puerto Escondido.

One day we met a new member, vacationing from Denmark: MAGNAR. He was driving an electric chair (like the chap in "The prison of your mind"), because he had a left little hand above his left arm pit, a small thin short right arm with two fingers and NO LEGS. He was diagnosed with death a little after being born. Because of Thalidomide, Magnar was born with phocomelia (malformation of the limbs). Only 40% of these children survived. Magnar was incredibly agile when he jumped from his chair to the ground & run moving his asses!! Then he would pick the frisbee & throw it with his little arm & two fingers. Afterwards, he would jump back (almost levitating!) into his electrical contraption & resume the game.

Besides being Captain Hook's mechanic, I managed & lived at the Arcoiris hotel, right there in Zicatela beach. Captain Hook & I were having breakfast with beer at the hotel restaurant, when he told me how much he admired Magnar: "I am so regretfull of lost arms and there is this little chap, so happy go lucky with no limbs at all!!" I responded:

"He has an advantage over you: he NEVER KNEW what he misses so there is no memory of lost limbs. You on the other hand, had a life with a complete body, hence you have a memory of the limbs & you miss them." - For two more winters Magnar visited Puerto Escondido, then no more. Captain Hook met a british countess, they became inlove & married in Guatemala, where they lived at lake Atitlán & no more is known. :violin: :violin: :violin:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Bud Greene » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:34 am

Jean Loup, that is a wonderful story with a powerful message. You relate it very well!
Bud Greene
Captain
Captain

Postby pilotwin7 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:05 am

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: My philosophy for a happy life

Postby pilotwin7 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:08 am

Sampson Gordon "Sam" Berns (October 23, 1996 – January 10, 2014)

R.I.P Sam a great man full of joy. Thank you Sam.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36m1o-tM05g[/youtube]

Sam Berns is a Junior at Foxboro High School in Foxboro, Massachusetts, where he has achieved highest honors and is currently a percussion section leader in the high school marching band.
He recently achieved the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America. Sam was diagnosed with Progeria, a rare, rapid aging disease, at the age of 2

He was the subject of the HBO documentary Life According to Sam, which was first screened in January 2013.
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Sir Puma » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:21 pm

I encourage all parents and anyone close to a young person to get involved deeply in their lives. Sometimes the depression symptoms are hard to see and you really need to be involved in their every day lives to see them. Hug your children often and tell them you love them often, even if it embarrasses them. Sadly, my wife and I both work (I have two jobs and work 7 days a week most weeks) and even though we did our best to be a big part of our son's life, he became a victim of his own mind and lost his fight. On March 15, 2016, our 18 year old son took his own life. It is the absolute worst feeling in the world, coming home to find the cops in your driveway, knowing something is dreadfully wrong and learning you'll never hold your child again.

We have so little time on this Earth. Spend every minute possible with those you love and show them how much you care.
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Sir Puma wrote:I encourage all parents and anyone close to a young person to get involved deeply in their lives. Sometimes the depression symptoms are hard to see and you really need to be involved in their every day lives to see them. Hug your children often and tell them you love them often, even if it embarrasses them. Sadly, my wife and I both work (I have two jobs and work 7 days a week most weeks) and even though we did our best to be a big part of our son's life, he became a victim of his own mind and lost his fight. On March 15, 2016, our 18 year old son took his own life. It is the absolute worst feeling in the world, coming home to find the cops in your driveway, knowing something is dreadfully wrong and learning you'll never hold your child again.

We have so little time on this Earth. Spend every minute possible with those you love and show them how much you care.

Image Image
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: Gratitude

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm

Gratitude | Louie Schwartzberg

We must never lose sight of the beauty and goodness that surrounds us.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ[/youtube]

Nature's beauty can be easily missed — but not through Louie Schwartzberg's lens. His stunning time-lapse photography, accompanied by powerful words from Benedictine monk Brother David Steindl-Rast, serves as a meditation on being grateful for every day.
Learn more about Louie and Moving Art at http://www.movingart.com.

Louie Schwartzberg is an award-winning cinematographer, director and producer who captures breathtaking images that celebrate life — revealing connections, universal rhythms, patterns and beauty.
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: Go with your gut feeling

Postby pilotwin7 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Go with your gut feeling | Magnus Walker

Success is the freedom do whatever you want to do! Take risks and go with your gut feelings.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQrMoksJ4Q[/youtube]

Magnus Walker talks about his life journey of following his passion and going with his gut feeling which eventually led him to turning his dreams into his reality.
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Next

Return to General Discussion