Mmm. Crisps.

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Mmm. Crisps.

Postby Webb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 am

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Mmm. Crisps.

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Mmmmmm..... :o .....!

Salt, salt...and more salt!..... ;) ...!

A Blood Pressure enthusiasts delight!... :lol: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:38 pm

I just bought the biggest tin of Walkers Shortbread. 2Kg for $12.00. I've never tasted Walkers potato(chips) Crisps, but if they're as good as the shortbreads, I'd go ferit. :mrgreen:
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:50 pm

logjam wrote:I just bought the biggest tin of Walkers Shortbread. 2Kg for $12.00. I've never tasted Walkers potato(chips) Crisps, but if they're as good as the shortbreads, I'd go ferit. :mrgreen:

Before you tuck-in, Log, read this!... :o ...!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/0 ... 98150.html

I cut excess sugar and salt and fat out of my daily diet many years ago...to make me live longer!.... :D ...!

Paul....and Old Salt from the past!..... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Remember those little blue packets of salt in Smiths Crisps? I used to throw it away hahaha. Well, all of a sudden you couldn't buy unsalted Crisps. It must have been in the '50's.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Haggis flavored... you have GOT to be kidding me.

:doh:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby logjam » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Ha, now I know. This is from Wikipedia "Smith's Potato Crisps Ltd. was formed by Frank Smith and Jim Viney in the United Kingdom after World War I. The firm started in Cricklewood, London, reputedly in Smith's garage. In 1927 the company expanded into a factory in Brentford, London, which was enlarged in 1930. During the depression Smith travelled to Australia to expand the business. Smiths was later owned by biscuit company Nabisco, BSN and finally sold to American company PepsiCo in the 1990s. Subsequently Pepsico withdrew the brand, in favour of popular British brand Walkers, which had been heavily marketed in a campaign using ex-footballer turned television presenter Gary Lineker. Many of the products previously owned by Smiths became labelled as Walkers, although there are still several Smiths branded crisps." There we have it, Pepsico stole from Smitty and rebranded it to Walkers. Very interesting that they didn't mention the little blue bag. :violin:
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:46 am

logjam wrote:Very interesting that they didn't mention the little blue bag. :violin:

When I was young plain flavoured crisps was the only choice we had. I fondly remember the little blue bag of salt. Sometimes you got more than one & sometimes none at all.
More than once I've chewed on one while eating crisps at the pictures. Ugh!

You can still get them today. After being discontinued for a while following the take-over Walkers re-launched the brand in January 2003. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254926817

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:20 am

Hagar wrote:
logjam wrote:Very interesting that they didn't mention the little blue bag. :violin:

When I was young plain flavoured crisps was the only choice we had. I fondly remember the little blue bag of salt. Sometimes you got more than one & sometimes none at all.
More than once I've chewed on one while eating crisps at the pictures. Ugh!

You can still get them today. After being discontinued for a while following the take-over Walkers re-launched the brand in January 2003. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254926817

Ta, Doug....

I remember the old packets with the salt sachets....
My dear old Granddad used to buy them for me as he took me for tours around the Museums in London in the mid 1940's....
...after the Germans had stopped dropping bombs on us!.... :D ...!

Interesting to see the nutritional values of the Smiths crisps.....

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/ ... =254926817

without added salt = 0.00 g
With added salt = 0.60 g

"Nutritional values" = More confusing than the Meaning of Life to me... :? ...!

Paul....Salt Seller (Cellar).... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion