Stupid people, news, etc.

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Stupid people, news, etc.

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 am

H wrote:Maybe they want a doctor's performance to reach a staggering level...

8-)

:lol:

Maybe someone is nostalgic and wants "medicine" to return to the 1800s.

It just boggles the mind, that in an age where the easiest way to "get rich" is with the help of a lawyer, that anyone would propose something like this.

The money saved wouldn't even come close to the legal fees.

Then again, perhaps this is sponsored by the trial lawyers? :think:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 am

Is Apple about to have me arrested?

I'm afraid that my $9.00 flip phone violates TWO of Apples patents. :o

Honestly.
1) My phone has rounded corners.
2) I just found out that Apple has a patent on clamshell phones.

There's NO WAY that I can pay billions in fines. Oh, what will I do now! :cry:
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Cry!Boo Hoo.Then behind your hand laugh
your ass off.

Anthin... :lol: :lol:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:11 pm

That's not funny, Anthin. :evil:

Tell me. What do I do when the Apple lawyers knock on my door? :think:
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:20 pm

Migrate to Patagonia OAM.

They are probably looking for you now.
AHH.Probably me as well.
I think I will try the Gobi Desert.

Anthin.. :hand:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Actually, I'm planning on a move to western Antarctica. ;)

I can buy now while the price is low, and live like a king when it warms up. :D

Oh. Did I forget to mention about Captain Robert Scott?

Captain Scott declared a Global Warming Denier,
and is no longer in command of the Antarctic expedition!

How Captain Robert Scott's log book from his expedition of Antarctica more than 100 years ago raises troubling new doubts about global warming

An Inconvenient Truth won the 2006 Academy Awards for Best Documentary Feature.

Unfortunately....
It is true that, in the past 37 years since satellite records began, the summer ice at the top of the world, in the Arctic, has been shrinking — though nothing like as far or fast as has been constantly predicted.

But even if all that floating sea ice did melt, it would do no more to raise sea levels than the melting of an ice cube in a gin and tonic raises the level of liquid in the glass — in other words, barely at all, because the volume of the ice is replaced by a similar volume of water.

Potentially much more serious in terms of the planet’s future is the colossal amount of land ice on Antarctica, which contains 90 per cent of all of the ice on the planet.

Yes, unfortunately....
The satellite records show sea ice around that mighty continent has been increasing to the point where last year, it reached its greatest extent since Nasa’s observations began in 1979.

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

But we all know about the ice loss along the western ice slope, particularly the Ross Ice Shelf! . . . Right ???

Well, again, unfortunately....

Active Volcano Discovered Under Antarctic Ice Sheet
Earthquakes deep below West Antarctica reveal an active volcano hidden beneath the massive ice sheet, researchers said today (Nov. 17) in a study published in the journal Nature Geoscience.

I'm not saying that man hasn't had an effect on the weather. But I do believe that there is more at work here than we want to acknowledge.

After all, nature is good and man is evil. Who can deny that?

A long time ago, I used to walk through Kenmore Square in Boston during morning rush hour. At the intersection of Beacon St and Comm Ave (on the western side of Kenmore Sq.) was a weather monitoring station. Nothing more than a few boxes with equipment in them.

I used to look at them sitting there, as literally hundreds of cars passed by between the traffic light changes. I couldn't understand how stupid you'd have to be to put them there.

But I was young and foolish then.

I just knew that they had to be doing more than measuring temperature, air speed, and rainfall.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:14 pm

I know. This is supposed to be about people doing stupid things, and this post doesn't appear to conform.

But it fits so well with the above post that I can't think of anywhere else to put it.

Let me say before I go on - We learn most of what we know from other sources. And once we learn something, we'll fight heaven and hell to defend it without question.

From the Wall Street Journal - Shoreline Gentry Are Fake Climate Victims

Read it, and believe it or not.

The fake news problem is getting serious. An example appeared on the front page of the New York Times on Friday, under the headline “Rising Seas Turn Coastal Houses Into a Gamble.”

Supposedly elevated sea levels caused by global warming have homeowners and developers worried about the value of their coastal properties.

Supposedly their concern has been heightened by the election of Donald Trump, “who has long been a skeptic of global warming.”

Estimates vary, but sea levels may have risen at two millimeters a year over the past century. Meanwhile, tidal cycles along the U.S. east coast range from 11 feet every day (in Boston) to two feet (parts of Florida).

On top of this, a “notable surge event” can produce a storm surge of seven to 23 feet, according to a federal list of 10 hurricanes over the past 70 years.

Only in the second half of a 3,099-word opus is the truth not so much revealed as hinted. Halting and piecemeal reform of the federal flood-insurance subsidy program that has so benefited wealthy seaside homeowners is why beach-front housing prices are being reset.

A Sarasota couple found it harder to sell their Florida house when shoppers noticed a $7,000 annual flood insurance bill. “This experience will become more common, economists say, as the federal government shifts away from subsidizing flood insurance rates to get premiums closer to reflecting the true market cost of the risk,” the paper notes in passing.

If you blame global warming on mankind, think about this.

The world population is about 7.4 Billion, and growing.

Much of the third world is cutting down trees to heat & cook their food.

NO ONE wants to accept a reduction in lifestyle.

So if you do believe that global warming is totally man made, then it's stupid to think that any meaningful global warming reduction is possible without an immediate and massive reduction in world population.

Any volunteers?

Most of you won't recognize these scenes.

(Unfortunately, the voice sync is off.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQNjJZFdLU[/youtube]

I promise to specifically look for something both silly AND stupid for the next post.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Found it, Found it! - Stupid and silly news. :D

From the New York Post - Man sentenced to jail after using Cheetos to set ex’s home on fire

A 31-year-old man was convicted of malicious destruction of property Wednesday after he went armed with Cheetos to set an ex-girlfriend’s house on fire.

Using the snack to accelerate the fire, Shemroy Williams tried to burn the Taunton, Massachusetts, home down while the woman was inside.

Cops and fire officials arrived to the scene in March to find the porch on fire and a propane tank propped up against the house, according to the Taunton Gazette. They located Williams nearby with two lighters and an empty Cheetos bag.

How does a prisoner live with that kind of a conviction?

No question about it. We need a better level of education in our public schools. :doh:
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:01 pm

I've mentioned stupid, random, ads before. Those that every website is just dying for you to click on.

Well, here's another one.

Are YOU ready for a slender figure?

I'm not too sure if you have to actually eat haggis every day, or just look at it.

The ad also says that women will feel like they're in college again, barfing up after drinking all night.... Well, not being a woman I have no clue as to why.

I know that IF I were a woman, I'd certainly click it.

For some reason I'm reminded of a card that someone put up at work telling us to call a number and find out how we can make money AND loose weight. HMMmmm :think:
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:39 am

DANGER - DANGER
Politically Correct B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually heard this on the local Public Broadcasting Station (PBS) yesterday morning.
Judges in the state of Minnesota are now required to determine if a defendant is "Intellectually Disabled"

I always thought "Flippin' Stupid", "Flaming Idiot" or "Moron" pretty much summed it up for most folks. "Flippin' intellectually disabled bas-ard" just doesn't have the same punch to it.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:38 pm

I'm sure that this guy is probably a very nice guy.

All that bright? No.

At first you aren't going to believe that it's real. Sorry, it is.

Don't blame me if you watch it all the way through. You KNOW how it has to end.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STqi4HTUUmg[/youtube]
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby B0ikat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:20 am

That's an "also ran" for the Darwin Awards. Better luck next time, dude.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:36 pm

FAKE NEWS

Fake news is a big topic over here in the US. Just what constitutes "fake news" depends on ones personal point of view.

Today I noticed a number of "Antarctica is Melting" news stories.

A massive conduit of hot water was detected last year, measuring around 10 kilometres wide and 1 kilometre deep in front of the western side of the Totten Glacier.

Where is the "Totten Glacier"? It's part of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet.

Scientists have expressed deep concern on the matter. As per The TeCake, the lead author of the study, Steve Rintoul said, “now it has become extremely-essential to know how the warm water in reaching and affecting the ice glacier of Antarctic.

"...extremely-essential to know how the warm water in reaching and affecting the ice glacier of Antarctic..."

Also in that "news" story -
This has resulted in the ice to melt abnormally, which in turn has caused global sea levels to rise approximately 3.5 meters in the past couple of years.

"...3.5 meters in the past couple of years." The GLOBAL sea levels have risen 11.4 FEET!!!! :o And NOBODY noticed it ???

Where is all that warm water coming from ???

It's interesting that NONE of the "news" reports mention volcanism under the East Antarctic Ice Sheet, or the Thwaites Glacier. It's almost like no one has ever heard of such a thing.

If you're interested - East Antarctic volcanos

This is old news, however, if you want something lese scientific, but easier to read - Hidden Volcanoes Melt Antarctic Glaciers from Below

So is all this pointless?

No. If any of the volcanos under all that ice were to have a major eruption, the world could be in deep do-do.

But there are a lot of other major catastrophes just waiting to happen - Yellowstone Supervolcano, for one. Not to mention asteroid or comet strikes in the Atlantic or Pacific oceans.

The term “supervolcano” implies an eruption of magnitude 8 on the Volcano Explosivity Index, indicating an eruption of more than 1,000 cubic kilometers (250 cubic miles) of magma.

Yellowstone has had at least three such eruptions: The three eruptions, 2.1 million years ago, 1.2 million years ago and 640,000 years ago, were about 6,000, 700 and 2,500 times larger than the May 18, 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens in Washington State.

So the last one was 2,500 times larger than the May 18, 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens. 2,500 times larger.

How many people in the US would survive an eruption of that magnitude? And that wasn't even the largest of the Yellowstone area eruptions!

Now do you want to talk about global climate change? Yes, there are worse things out there than cows farting.

We need to take better care of the world that we live in, but nothing that we do will be very significant without a massive reduction in world population.

So are these "news" reports fake?

I'm afraid so. They have an agenda, or perhaps "a consensus of opinion" would be a better way to put it, so they leave out any inconvenient bits of information. Omitting information is a form of lying.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:01 am

You be the jury, was this really justified?

Cops Tase 91-year-old man with Alzheimer’s (in a nursing home)
A sheriff’s deputy in Kansas Tased 91-year-old man with Alzheimer’s disease in his back after he refused to go to the doctor...

You'll need to turn the volume all the way up.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGWkwG-fq4[/youtube]

From another source;
Friday, the Sheriff sent the statement, saying in part both he and the county attorney reviewed the available evidence and determined it was the best possible alternative because the situation would otherwise have resulted in the application of physical force.

The statement ends by saying the taser had a significantly lower risk of injury than the use of physical force.

While the tasering of a 91 year old man was stupid, defending it as less harmful to someone 91 years old is insane - Deaths and injuries related to Taser use

Oh, yeah. They broke his wrist while handcuffing him. Must have been a savage fight.

I'll admit that the 91 year old man was 7 feet tall, and had the muscular body of a 20 year old on massive amounts of steroids - NOT.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:44 pm

How do you feed an alligator?

Get a little closer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlCg0gC1Te4[/youtube]

Actually, he may have eaten a few already.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn1g0xtUMk[/youtube]
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion