I am SO angry

FSX including FSX Steam version.

I am SO angry

Postby jrbirdman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:19 am

I admit, I have A LOT of aircraft in my virtual hangar, but this has got me so heated I'm about to dismiss FSX altogether! It seems that the more I add, certain aircraft disappear in their place. For example, I have B741-B748 mega packs installed yet after adding some new aircraft, I can only see my B747-400's to the 747-8's as if one is added another gets pushed out of my menu so now I can't see my 747-100's, 200's, or 300's. I have show all variations ticked so that's not the problem but I can't figure out what could be the problem or how to fix it! I really need some help here because I've invested too much just to give up on this. There has got to be a solution for this!! PLEASE someone, I'm almost in a panic here! :( Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: I am SO angry

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 am

I ask myself, Jeremy....(as I often do)... ;) ....!

WHY do you need so many aircraft in your Hangar?.... :o ....!

With the aircraft in my Hangar, mostly default, my trusty Cessna 150 Aerobat is the only aircraft I take out on a daily basis to explore the countryside.

Almost none of the others are ever used!

I just pop them in a spare Folder...just in case...to prevent errors, (missing gauges, etc)!

I really don't see any point in cluttering up the Sim with unused Aircraft!

Time to do some Spring Cleaning, Jeremy!....Trust me... ;) ....!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jrbirdman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:56 am

Lol funny thing Paul, collecting them is for me almost a therapy. Besides, I make movies with them that I make for my own entertainment and the value that multiple choices give is almost unsurpassable. I wish I could explain it better but that's really the best way I could put it. I guess one could look at it if they were actual models on an airport mat, you want a good variety to make the airport look as real as possible and be able to choose what aircraft/airline goes where and when. To be honest, if I cleaned out, I'd miss them too much as I am now. As always though, I truly appreciate you and your feedback. :) You are a true blessing in this community. All of my best regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 am

On a more serious note - Thinking that an aircraft can fly WITHOUT propellers leads to insanity.

Just say'n that THAT could be your problem.

I could be wrong (the count's up to 436 times so far, but I just got up), and it may help if you had a picture, but it sounds to me like one, or more, of your aircraft is missing it's thumbnail picture.

There are various ways of dealing with that problem, but the best way that I found was to install one plane at a time and see if everything still worked.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby jrbirdman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 am

That's the odd thing, they do have a thumbnail pic and we're showing just fine until I added more aircraft and I went down my entire list to see if they were just moved somehow and turns out it's like they just vanished, yet they are in the main Airplanes folder snug as a bug in a rug. Then again, I can only scroll down to the beginning letter of M before my list won't let me scroll anymore and yet I have more than that.
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:33 am

Have a read through this topic. It might help. http://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=175323&hilit=thumbnail

Like Fozzer, I can't see the point of having a large number of aircraft installed at any one time. You cannot possibly use them all & at the very least it must affect the loading time of the sim.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby EVVFCX » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi there,

what happens if on the aircraft section screen you either:
Display by publisher? Microsoft? Ifly? PMDG etc
Display by aircraft type? jet civilian
Display by aircraft? Boeing 747?

If you breakup the displayed aircraft as above do you still get the correct thumbnails.
Aircraft can be hidden by the panel folder being renamed so check is anything is effecting the folder.

regards

Steve.
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby ftldave » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 pm

jrbirdman wrote:I AM SO ANGRY .. this has got me so heated I'm about to dismiss FSX altogether!... I'm almost in a panic here!

Kudos to all the kind souls who try to help out, but when I see these all too frequent "I'M SO ANGRY" posts here and on other sites, I can't help but wonder if the real solution is to find a different hobby. Flight simming IS a hobby, a pastime for pleasure, fun, and sometimes even education. If tech problems really do raise your blood pressure and gets a person so hot and bothered, maybe better to take up fishing, transcendental meditation maybe, or anything else that won't bring on reactions like this, won't harden your arteries. Getting angry does absolutely nothing to help solve your technical problem.

ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby jrbirdman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:52 pm

I fixed it, for some reason I had to uninstall then reinstall them. Not sure why but at least it's fixed now. Maybe I SHOULD do some cleaning after all. Lol thanks everyone. Kind regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:13 pm

You did better than I did for the first year or so.

I'd download 3 to 6 planes/sceneries, but I wouldn't try them all at once, I'd wait a while.

By the time I discovered that I had a problem I would have downloaded 2 or 3 more. :oops:

Live and learn.

Flight sims are a great way to learn problem resolution skills. :D
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby jrbirdman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks OAM. It was simply a last ditch effort to see if that was a fix for the issue. Still not sure what caused it but I admit, I DID change the panels since they were the default 744 panels and so I switched them to "Classic" panels. That may bar been the culprit but oh well. I'll leave them as is now just to be safe. On a side note, what is that Spad in your signature? I clicked it but didn't understand what I was reading. Kind regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:59 pm

SPAD, and SPAD.neXt, were written because the original Saitek software for their panels did a terrible job. Not only that, but there was very little that you could change about how they worked.

In essence, if you have some Saitek flight sim panels, and you want to make them work better, get Spad.

The creator of SPAD had gone as far as he wanted with the original SPAD and was looking for someone who would be interested in moving it forward. Hence, SPAD.neXt.

SPAD.neXt works on far more simulator equipment, and even games or programs not related to flight sims. It even works on X-Plane and some of the combat flight sims.

The user interface takes a little getting used to, but it can do an incredible variety of things WITHOUT any programming.

Most of what you'd want to do is done by simple selecting items from menus.

You can also assign different commands depending on how you want to use a button or switch.

For instance - I like flying the older prop planes that have anywhere from one to four engines. But I can start four engines, one by one, using only two buttons.

How? Long or short button presses. Button #1 - Short press (less than a second) starts engine number 1. A long press of the same button starts engine number 2. The same goes for engine button #2, short & long.

Or you can make a button press act like a switch - push it once and the switch in the aircraft stays on until you press it again. This is VERY different from using a key press or a button press to "toggle" a cockpit switch to the on position.

In short, SPAD.neXt, is a geek tool to do things YOUR way.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:25 am

I don't get angry with my Flight Sim....

....after some 20+ years of pretending to fly aeroplanes, every day, I reckon I've got it all sorted now!... ;) ....!

I just use the Sim for daily fun...and exploring the scenery in interesting places....

...(as the Bishop said to the Actress!)... :dance: ...!

I rarely take anything seriously now...including Flight Simulation!.... :lol: ...!

Life is far too short to be unhappy....

...trust me!... :banana-linedance: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jetranger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:35 am

I have at least 1500 Aircraft for my FSX Gold / Acceleration Boxed edition

I too decided that there were too many AIRCRAFT and Extra Aircraft Textures in my FSX Sim and it was "slowing" load times considerably,

So, I decided to create an "EXTRA HANGER" to store just the "AIRCRAFT" in, and leave all the gauges files and Effects files in the sim.

Tho I also copied & back up all those files in the Extra Hanger too !! in a separate folder within the Extra Hanger !!

Along with tons of my Freeware & Payware scenery and their installers if they had any.

So,,,,,,,,,, I spent some time "Pre-Organizing" the Hanger inside with Folders by certain names

for example :

FSX Extra Aircraft

FSX Gauges

FSX Effects

New Paint textures to install

Freeware Scenery

PAYWARE Scenery

Payware Aircraft

Freeware Aircraft

Propliners

Jetliners

All those listed above are separate Folders I made in my "External Hanger" !!! :D :P

Organization is prudent !! :o

that way your "Organized" and NOT cluttered and ya' won't spend excess time trying to find where ya' stuffed what Aircraft or texture in your "External Hanger" !!

I find that having the "External Hanger" is a must if you have a lot of ADD-ON Aircraft and ADD ON Scenery !!!

Sure ended a lot of frustration, and mental fatigue trying to resolve problems with the sim.

I now only keep about 25 to 30 Aircraft in the actual FSX Sim at any one time, when I'm done with them, I just delete the aircraft out of the FSX Sim Objects Airplanes folder , NO Problem, because I've got them backed up in the "External Hanger" , to reuse and copy & paste back into the Main FSX Aircraft folder at any time !! :P

having 1500 to 2000 Aircraft and all the textures, gauges, effects along with all the add on sceneries is overload ,,,,,,

I decided to purchase the TOSHIBA External Hard Drive Storage to use as my "External Hanger", I also keep some Aircraft back up on CD/DVD Disks as well.

Below is a photo of the TOSHIBA External Hard Drive I use as the " External Hanger" !!

The 2nd Photo is of 1 of my actual Sim Hangers with a Hott Female Security Guard watching over all of my Extra Aircraft !! :P

Jetranger :shifty:

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 am

Jetranger wrote:I have at least 1500 Aircraft for my FSX Gold / Acceleration Boxed edition
Jetranger :shifty:

:mrgreen:

Jet... ;) ....

Where I store all the extra stuff that I rarely/never use..

....I call it...

....."My Toilet".... :D ...!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam