Problems with AI Mods

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Problems with AI Mods

Postby PHRodgers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:51 pm

I downloaded scenery from this site (Dublin Airport) that appears to have caused havoc with my pre-existing AI mods. In essence, unless I reduced the aircraft density to zero, the program crashed when I tried to begin flying from just about anywhere in Free Flight.

In an effort to root out the problem, I deleted and then reloaded Flight Simulator X and Acceleration. I then deleted and reloaded (from new downloads) Most of the AI inventory (from AI World). Now, I can fly from every airport I've tried (something like 30 airports) at high aircraft density, except for airports in Europe. It is weird: I get beautifully busy AI activity even at big airports like LAX, JFK and Hong Kong, but nothing but crashes at Heathrow, Frankfurt or even modestly busy place like Milan or Nice.

My suspicion is that some of the AI mods relating to aircraft that fly short range routes for European airlines are causing the problem. Most likely these are single aisle aircraft from some major carrier like Lufthansa or Air France. But short of days of trial and error, I haven't been able to dream up a way to find the problem mods. Alternatively, perhaps I have a problem with the program's European scenery (albeit, when I reduce the AI aircraft to zero, the regular scenery works just fine). Finally, maybe, given something else that is going on, I need more memory or a better video card.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem or better, can anyone think of a way to diagnose and fix the problem? Many thanks.
PHRodgers
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Problems with AI Mods

Postby garymbuska » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 am

PHRodgers wrote:I downloaded scenery from this site (Dublin Airport) that appears to have caused havoc with my pre-existing AI mods. In essence, unless I reduced the aircraft density to zero, the program crashed when I tried to begin flying from just about anywhere in Free Flight.

In an effort to root out the problem, I deleted and then reloaded Flight Simulator X and Acceleration. I then deleted and reloaded (from new downloads) Most of the AI inventory (from AI World). Now, I can fly from every airport I've tried (something like 30 airports) at high aircraft density, except for airports in Europe. It is weird: I get beautifully busy AI activity even at big airports like LAX, JFK and Hong Kong, but nothing but crashes at Heathrow, Frankfurt or even modestly busy place like Milan or Nice.

My suspicion is that some of the AI mods relating to aircraft that fly short range routes for European airlines are causing the problem. Most likely these are single aisle aircraft from some major carrier like Lufthansa or Air France. But short of days of trial and error, I haven't been able to dream up a way to find the problem mods. Alternatively, perhaps I have a problem with the program's European scenery (albeit, when I reduce the AI aircraft to zero, the regular scenery works just fine). Finally, maybe, given something else that is going on, I need more memory or a better video card.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem or better, can anyone think of a way to diagnose and fix the problem? Many thanks.

It is a known fact that as you add AI it increase the demand on both your video card and system resources. What are your system specs?
as for lack of memory or RAM you usually get the ran out of memory error but but all of the times
One thing you can do is to check the system event logs after the crash occurs it will tell you what caused the problem
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Problems with AI Mods

Postby PHRodgers » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. What I find so frustrating is that the problem doesn't occur in geography outside of Europe. Could there be something going on in that scenery, which when combined with more that zero AI traffic causes the problem?
PHRodgers
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam