ConfigSDK.exe fails

FSX including FSX Steam version.

ConfigSDK.exe fails

Postby gordie3640 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 am

Has anyone else had trouble running ConfigSDK.exe? It is obviously a DOD program that needs a "Yes" to start. Shortly after I enter it, I get this: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. [Close Program] Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there any chance that I will ever hear from "Windows?"
gordie3640
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: ConfigSDK.exe fails

Postby garymbuska » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:26 am

gordie3640 wrote:Has anyone else had trouble running ConfigSDK.exe? It is obviously a DOD program that needs a "Yes" to start. Shortly after I enter it, I get this: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. [Close Program] Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there any chance that I will ever hear from "Windows?"

Perhaps this will help you out
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p ... ation_(FSX)_-_Troubleshooting
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby gordie3640 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm sorry, garym, but I have painstakingly followed supposedly helpful instructions for more that a month with no "tools" on the menu. The last thing out of dozens I was told that I must do was to run ConfigSDK.exe. It fails every time. I found nothing in the link you shared that solved my problem. I wish there was some way I could pay someone to get my SDK working. Thanks, anyway for trying.
gordie3640
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm

gordie3640 wrote:I'm sorry, garym, but I have painstakingly followed supposedly helpful instructions for more that a month with no "tools" on the menu. The last thing out of dozens I was told that I must do was to run ConfigSDK.exe. It fails every time. I found nothing in the link you shared that solved my problem. I wish there was some way I could pay someone to get my SDK working. Thanks, anyway for trying.

Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained. I thought for sure that would shed some light on the problem. I figured that you were not running it in the root folder. The link I gave you had just about every thing covered as to why you do not have tools. Are you sure you have a good copy of the SDK I know i had a problem with that I thought every thing was fine and it turned out that the SDK was no good. Perhaps you might want to start from square one with another copy of the SDK and follow the instructions in the link I sent you if that does not fix the issue it is time to give up. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby gordie3640 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm

I would be willing to pay for a guaranteed copy of SDK that worked.
gordie3640
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:14 am

Gordie, Garym is our go to guy on computers. Please go back and make sure you doted you eyes and crossed your Ts. Make absolutely sure you followed his directions to the letter. He has helped me and others and is so willing to get you the right info. Check and double check!!! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam