Chris Evans Airbus two engine aircraft and FOUR throttles

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Chris Evans Airbus two engine aircraft and FOUR throttles

Postby CarlV » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 am

I have downloaded a large number of aircraft simulations from Chris Evans and they are almost always excellent. BUT I am continually frustrated at seeing Airbus two engine aircraft (318, 3319, 320, 321, 330, and more) presenting a cockpit with four throttles and four sets of engine instruments. How can such a basic mistake keep happening? Any web search for images of these aircraft instrument panels will show two throttles and two sets of associated instruments.
All of his Boeing simulations: perfect.
CarlV
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Chris Evans Airbus two engine aircraft and FOUR throttle

Postby cevans » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi
Just a quick reply as I am travelling. Apologies. I was incorporating the built in FMC which I only found in the A340 cockpit. I will work on an update
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby CarlV » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks Chris. I have enjoyed your simulations and look forward to more. Background: Link Trainer Instructor/Technician in USAF on Link C-11 and Curtiss Wright Dehmel P3A. Crude hardware simulation of Lockheed T33 on the first one, general prop trainer on the second. Basic nav via VOR/TACAN/ILS "missions". Started serious playing with FSX a couple of years ago and love to see new innovative panels. had my fill of "steam gauges" in the AF. Bucket list item would be to perform an actual ILS approach in real aircraft.
CarlV
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Actually I am working on the 2 engine version VC now and have included it with the latest A320 Hong Kong Express
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ip&x=4&y=9

If you include this in another aircraft you need to also include the Thomas Ruth internal model from that aircraft and also copy and paste the [views] in the aircraft.cfg and include the VC textures from the textures folder.

I will be working further on this VC (as time allows) and hope to include more controls.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby AndyLavies » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:38 am

Hi Chris,
A number of FSX Boeing 777 panels use the 'Boeing777-300.gau' file from FS9. I can't make the gauges display in FSX. There must be a way and I wonder if you have the knack. Any help would be appreciated!
From a geriatric mariner in the New Forest of southern England,
Andy
AndyLavies
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:37 am

Chris thanks for all you do for our hobby!!!Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ardayy » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 am

chris evans? Are you a Filipino? Can you help me?
ardayy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 am

AndyLavies wrote:Hi Chris,
A number of FSX Boeing 777 panels use the 'Boeing777-300.gau' file from FS9. I can't make the gauges display in FSX. There must be a way and I wonder if you have the knack. Any help would be appreciated!
From a geriatric mariner in the New Forest of southern England,
Andy

If you want to make custom made panels for any aircraft than this is what you need FSPANELSTUDIO It is payware but this is what the professionals use to make there panels with
Mind you it will not make Virtual Cockpits
But this is a simple to use program one does not need to have a degree or any experience making panels at all
What makes this program great is you see the actual panel you will see in Flight simulator and it works with any version of Flight Simulator
This program allows you edit existing aircraft panels as well, You can even add window views or move the gauges around any way you like
here is the link http://fspanelstudio.com/
There is a try before you buy option
But trust me I have no experience making panels and I have modified existing panels with no problems at all and even made my own panel from scratch without any headaches at all.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam