Control problems on take off

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Control problems on take off

Postby gordie3640 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am

I have downloaded two Gulfstream 100s from the library. They are different in appearance but I can't get them both to open. In any case, they both have the same characteristic. On full power takeoff they vere wildly to the right. They behave well during taxi to takeoff.
gordie3640
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Control problems on take off

Postby Dave T » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Check that both throttles are moving together and not just one of them when you apply the throttle, if only one moves press e+1&2 in quick sucession check that both throttles move as one unless you are using twin throttle levers check calibration.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Also, use external view to check that rudder is straight and both engines are running?
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Sinkrate wrote:Also, use external view to check that rudder is straight and both engines are running?

I had a problem where as soon as you throttle up the rudder would kick hard left and you could not get it to straighten out. The problem turned out to be a calibration problem and I had to turn down the sensitivity on the rudder a little bit. Some two engine aircraft like the default Beach Baron have a prop sync switch on the panel though if it really works or not I am not 100% sure.
The problem in most cases is the throttles are not locked and only one engine throttles up which would make the aircraft turn in the direction of the faster turning propeller.
Make sure you monitor your engine gauges and you can spot the problem quickly. or open the throttle window and move your throttle forward and if they do not move together there is your problem. You can do this even when the engines are not running that way your plane does not go careening down the taxiway
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam