FSX Piper Turbo Arrow 111

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX Piper Turbo Arrow 111

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 am

Goodly morning all... <<u

Downloaded the recent Piper Turbo Arrow 111 and Update from our Simviation Download Site.

Also added the GPS that Doug "Hagar" supplied.

Wonderful addition to the Freeware Simulated Aircraft for FSX.

However I found:
-Could not get that Yellow Livery "BMIV" to show...it is in the Aircraft CFG File but will not show in the FSX Aircraft Directory
-All I have are two Liveries and a Blank Livery..."G-BNVT & PH-WCU"

-I also found that the aircraft gauges sometimes look blurry

-There is lots of room to add to the Radio Panel, might try that if I can EVER Figure out Flight Simulator Panel Configurator...
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: FSX Piper Turbo Arrow 111

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:32 am

Flying Trucker wrote:
However I found:
-Could not get that Yellow Livery "BMIV" to show...it is in the Aircraft CFG File but will not show in the FSX Aircraft Directory
-All I have are two Liveries and a Blank Livery..."G-BNVT & PH-WCU"

I've just checked this out. It seems the author included the wrong Texture folder in the Update package.
A duplicate of texture.G-BNVT instead of a new texture.G-BMIV folder.

-I also found that the aircraft gauges sometimes look blurry

-There is lots of room to add to the Radio Panel, might try that if I can EVER Figure out Flight Simulator Panel Configurator...

The gauges do look a tad blurry for me too. This aircraft has no 2D panel. I doubt it's possible to add gauges to the VC.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks Doug... <<q

As always your knowledge, time and patience is most appreciated... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TruNorthSim » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:18 am

Hello,

I downloaded this aircraft today, and it's very good despite it's shortcomings. During my first "walk around", I noticed the front wheel hovers a few inches above the pavement. All of the lights work, and they have nice, bright effects. The strobes need to be moved outwards just a bit, animations look great except the flaps that move instantaneous instead of slowly moving into position. There is one main door, and one cargo door. The cargo compartment has no textures inside. The textures on the outside aren't the worst I've seen, but they could be better.

The front wheel contact point can be corrected, as I've done on the A318 from Posky. It had the same issue. The strobes/lights location are simple fixes. The time on the flaps can also be adjusted, and I would probably use the numbers from another aircraft as reference. I have a member of my group that is outstanding at making liveries, and I've already run the idea by him.

Once inside the aircraft, the main door isn't sealed completely, and you can see the gap when looking up at it from the inside. There is no simple fix for this except reworking the model. Most of the dash is a collection of 2d gauges mounted on a mostly flat surface, so adding your own gauges shouldn't be too much of an issue. Most of the buttons are interactive and have good click areas. The pilot yoke is a smoke transparent, which assists in seeing the lower part of the dash. I would have opted for the classic click and remove yoke, but this seems original. There are no textures on the floor, doors, seats, and roof. Just flat color. The pilot also has no texture except his face and hair.

The aircraft starts up easily and has a nice kick to it. The rollover and startup sound is very good. It taxis ok, but the turn radius seems a bit wide. The front tire seems to turn very smoothly, but not far enough for my taste. I really like the stance of this aircraft! The rear wheels have a very nice shape, but the textures are poor.

I moved the aircraft to KVBT Bentonville, AR for the flight test. During takeoff, it didn't seem to get up to speed as fast as I expected it to. Rotation was about 180 knots with no flaps. The aircraft controls felt very heavy! Climb out was as expected of a small aircraft, but I was able to maintain a bit more positive vertical speed than I expected after feeling the weight of the controls. Once again, the aircraft sounded very good! During gear up, the gear came up very smoothly, and the right rear landing gear hesitated, coming up a bit late, which was nice touch.

The gauges seemed to update as expected. I did, however, notice the airspeed gauge seemed to hang a bit. I completed a traffic pattern and landed without any issues with full flaps. I had bit of fun with this one, so I didn't document my approach or touchdown speed.

Overall, I highly recommend this freeware! I am definitely willing to rewrite the aircraft.cfg, fixing the contact points, adjusting the lights, and fixing the flap rotation speed, and the panel.cfg, adding, at least, the GPS500. I don't think the .air file needs to be touched. I think the aircraft was intended to feel this way, so I'd like to leave it as is. I hope that my go to texture guy gets interested in this one!

I appreciate you reading my "review" of this aircraft. I just saw you guys talking about it and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents! I'd like to know your opinions as well, as this is a nice freeware and deserves some attention.
TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:09 am

Good morning Jack

Thank you for the commentary and your review on this simulated aircraft.

Must say I agree with everything you wrote.

Yes this is a nice Freeware Simulated Aircraft and like most here we are always looking for Updates to the already Kits available in Freeware.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply...most appreciated... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam