unable to reinstall FSX

FSX including FSX Steam version.

unable to reinstall FSX

Postby garymbuska » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:06 am

Well I guess it is my turn to ask for help. I had to preform a system reset on my computer the other day as it was not booting correctly. After doing that FSX would not work, I tried to uninstall it but it was not on the list of programs to uninstall. Now I still have the boxed edition of FSX GOLD with acceleration but it will not let me install it I get the old error 1722 followed by the error 1603.
I tried to use the FSX reset tool but it would not work I have to my knowledge removed anything and every thing that I could that had to do with FSX including the FSX.cfg file but I am still unable to reinstall FSX.
I have tried to google the errors and so far no luck.
any ideas?
The good news is I had the Steam version on my steam account so I have that but not sure what will or will not work on it as far as my payware software goes. I am pretty sure most of it will work but not 100% sure about Active Sky Next.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: unable to reinstall FSX

Postby Sprocket » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:08 am

garymbuska wrote: have to my knowledge removed anything and every thing that I could that had to do with FSX including the FSX.cfg file but I am still unable to reinstall FSX.

Gary, my advice is to download and install Revo Uninstall..... There is a free trail available..

I promise you Revo will find FSX remnants and FSX root directory stuff. Stuff which the mere normal person can't get to..And that should solve your problem.

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby beegee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 am

I have the Steam version of FSX and Active Sky Next does indeed work with it. You can also try Advanced System Care 10.1 Free from Iobit.com. It will fix registry errors and such, and it's free.
beegee
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 am

Sprocket wrote:
garymbuska wrote: have to my knowledge removed anything and every thing that I could that had to do with FSX including the FSX.cfg file but I am still unable to reinstall FSX.

Gary, my advice is to download and install Revo Uninstall..... There is a free trail available..

I promise you Revo will find FSX remnants and FSX root directory stuff. Stuff which the mere normal person can't get to..And that should solve your problem.

Jan

The problem is FSX is not on my list of programs to uninstall. will this program still find fragments and remove it

Thanks I will give it a try 8-)
Just so everyone knows be careful when downloading this this first place i tried Norton kicked it out the official site worked with no problems
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:42 am

beegee wrote:I have the Steam version of FSX and Active Sky Next does indeed work with it. You can also try Advanced System Care 10.1 Free from Iobit.com. It will fix registry errors and such, and it's free.

Thanks for the information I usually stay away from programs like these as most them do more harm than good and I trust them as far as I can throw a loaded B747-400 . :dance:
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:04 pm

FSX-SE can be installed in parallel with the boxed edition.

But in order to uninstall a program that is not in the list you need Revo uninstaller as said by Sprocket, the free version has a HUNTING mode, you need to move the hunting icon over FSX.exe in the program main folder and this will unistall the program. If you download the payware trial mode there is an option called Forced uninstall. Perhaps you should do it with the trial version maybe it makes a deeper cleaning.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:00 am

papituwall wrote:FSX-SE can be installed in parallel with the boxed edition.

But in order to uninstall a program that is not in the list you need Revo uninstaller as said by Sprocket, the free version has a HUNTING mode, you need to move the hunting icon over FSX.exe in the program main folder and this will unistall the program. If you download the payware trial mode there is an option called Forced uninstall. Perhaps you should do it with the trial version maybe it makes a deeper cleaning.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

There is nothing on my system any more that has to do with FSX except for maybe a registry entry some place. I tried using Revo uninstaller and removed the windows.old folder that was there after doing the reset and I even created a different account and still not working. I get the error 1722 followed by error 1603. I even looked under the logs that was on REVO and found nothing about FSX any where.
I am just about at the point of giving up. I do not know what else to try. I have one last thing to try after that I just do not know.
:pray: :?:
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:32 am

Have a look here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... imulator-x it might be of help.
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:39 am

I'd say you should just cleanup your registry from anything FSX-related, then proceed with installing FSX-Steam.
Don't delete your original FSX folder yet, as there might be a lot of addons/sceneries that you might want to transfer from the old install to the new one, I don't know... Another part of me thinks it might be a good idea to reinstall everything from scratch, installing only what is necessary ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Revo should have cleaned the register but try: FSX TWEAKFS REGISTRY UTILITY V1.21 (not here, google it), it is not F1 registry repair.

Go to "get FSX_Path" and look if it is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and/or HKEY_CURRENT_USER, in this case as Daube suggests you should clean the register.

IMO FSX-SE can be installed with no problem.

Thanks Shadowcaster for the info.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Canuck1955 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Anyone worried about using Revo unistaller, perhaps I can assuage any worries. Last May I resorted to calling M$ with issues relating to a reinstall of FSX, similar to this one. The engineer required that I d/l and install the free Revo in order to get things under way. I was surprised that M$ didn't have some proprietory program of their own.

Aside from that I have just bought a new MB and processor and RAM and a brand new W10 and cannot reinstall FSX without 2 annoying errors. nos. 1607 & 1628. Here we go again with the research. :pray:
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby EVVFCX » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi Gary,

From memory the 1722 error is a licence related issue and the original tool from Msoft had a a very simple error in it, I saw the error and re-wrote it into a batch file and posted it on here many years ago now, fairly certain it was on previous simviation server, maybe Pete can recover it, something rings a bell that you can only install a certain amount of times but maybe I'm maybe thinking of something else with that.

I'll have a search but I'm sure it's on threads from the old server.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby EVVFCX » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi again,

I did find the old post and it looks like Microsoft corrected their mistake so as long as your following that guide ok go with the revo thing ?

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Well guys the drinks are on me I finally was able to reinstall FSX the problem turned out that the instructions to run the RESETLDL command left out one very important thing YOU HAVE TO USE THE RUN COMMAND (ADMIN) or it will not work,
One simple thing caused so much headache. But at last I got FSX running. :dance: :clap:
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Sprocket » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:23 am

garymbuska wrote:Well guys the drinks are on me

Well done Gary.. :dance: :dance: Glad you got it sorted..

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam