Can you fine folks help me please?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Can you fine folks help me please?

Postby jrbirdman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 am

I love my FSX, it's fun, it's beautiful to look at, and all around a good time with the exception of one thing. That one thing being that of my hundreds of aircraft, I have to click okay AT LEAST 80 times or more because it says some files need to be renamed and can't be the same, even though it points to a different model altogether. For example: EC145 Pol V2 vs EC145 Pol W/Spotlight V2, not exactly that but I'm sure some of you catch my drift. Anywho, how in the heck can I turn off these notifications?? As I said, I have hundreds of aircraft and to go through them one by one would be impossible and due to health issues, I wouldn't be able to remember all the culprits and their names and how to fix that. (Brain tumors are fun like that) If anyone could tell me a quick fix to disable these notifications, I'd be eternally grateful. Thank you so very much for your time and my apologies for the short novel as I was trying to be as clear as possible. My best regards to all of you for making this site the best, Jeremy the junior bird man! :) <<v
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Can you fine folks help me please?

Postby Roypcox » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:35 am

I am so sorry to hear of your issues with FSX, I am not skilled enough to help you but I can assure you that we have very capable guys who can really help you out and they are some of the nicest people you could possibly ask for. So sorry about your health issues and hope your heath returns quickly. Best regards to you. Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:00 pm

The problem is that you have several aircraft with the same names in the aircraft.cfg file. The ONLY way to fix that is to find the redundant names and rename them.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi - If you give an example I will show you how to resolve it. The problem can arise in 2 lines of the aircraft.cfg . An easy fix once you know how.

:)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:10 pm

jrbirdman wrote:As I said, I have hundreds of aircraft and to go through them one by one would be impossible and due to health issues, I wouldn't be able to remember all the culprits and their names and how to fix that. (Brain tumors are fun like that) If anyone could tell me a quick fix to disable these notifications, I'd be eternally grateful.

That will be quite a job. :shock: I found a little utility that will identify the duplicated title= entries & allow you to edit or delete the entries.
Download & install ACA-2013 Preview v 0.6.6 here --> http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5

It's not exactly a quick fix but will make the job much easier. Unfortunately there is no documentation but it's easy enough to figure out. It's set up for FS9 by default so you will need to select Tools > Options & point it to your FSX.exe. Then "Rescan List" & select "Find Errors". Check the "Title entry errors" box from the Searches list. Finally click Start Search.

I've checked it out & it works as advertised. If you get stuck I should be able to walk you through the procedure.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jrbirdman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Hagar wrote:I've checked it out & it works as advertised. If you get stuck I should be able to walk you through the procedure.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate it. Okay Hagar, I did as you suggested, I can see the list of error culprits, so now how do I get rid of them or fix this? I tried Select All and Clear All to no avail so I'm stumped. Kind regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 am

jrbirdman wrote:Okay Hagar, I did as you suggested, I can see the list of error culprits, so now how do I get rid of them or fix this? I tried Select All and Clear All to no avail so I'm stumped. Kind regards, Jeremy

OK Jeremy. First of all, 80 "Multiple objects" error messages is a lot. There is no quick & easy fix & you will have to rectify each one individually.

You said you have "hundreds of aircraft" installed to FSX. :shock: It's not for me to criticise but I must say that this seems excessive & I wonder if you really need them all.
It might make things easier if you have a quick look through your SimObjects\Airplanes folder & remove any 3rd party aircraft that you don't use or forgot you had.*
The more you can remove the better. Then run the utility again & hopefully the number of errors will be reduced. This will make your problem so much easier to fix.

* No need to delete anything. You can move them to another folder to back them up. An easy method is to create a new folder in your Airplanes folder & rename it something like Hide or Hangar. Then drag unwanted aircraft into this folder to hide them from FSX.
You can reinstall these aircraft later if you wish but I suggest doing this one at a time & checking each one out in FSX before doing another one.

Meanwhile I'll work on a walk-through on using the ACA 2013 utility to fix the errors you're left with. It will make things easier for me if you tell me the version of FSX you're using. Also if you're in the habit of installing repaints.
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jrbirdman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 am

Hagar wrote:
jrbirdman wrote:Okay Hagar, I did as you suggested, I can see the list of error culprits, so now how do I get rid of them or fix this? I tried Select All and Clear All to no avail so I'm stumped. Kind regards, Jeremy

OK Jeremy. First of all, 80 "Multiple objects" error messages is a lot. There is no quick & easy fix & you will have to rectify each one individually.

You said you have "hundreds of aircraft" installed to FSX. :shock: It's not for me to criticise but I must say that this seems excessive & I wonder if you really need them all.
It might make things easier if you have a quick look through your SimObjects\Airplanes folder & remove any 3rd party aircraft that you don't use or forgot you had.*
The more you can remove the better. Then run the utility again & hopefully the number of errors will be reduced. This will make your problem so much easier to fix.

* No need to delete anything. You can move them to another folder to back them up.
You can reinstall them later if you wish but I suggest doing this one at a time & checking each one out in FSX before doing another one.

Meanwhile I'll work on a walk-through on using the ACA 2013 utility to fix the errors you're left with. It will make things easier for me if you tell me the version of FSX you're using. Also if you're in the habit of installing repaints.

Thanks Hagar. I see what you mean for the most part. My issue started when I downloaded the EC145 Base Package and additions to said aircraft, even though they require the base pack to work correctly. I'll look around and see what I can do while I await the walk-through. I DO have a ton of aircraft, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment lol. Thanks again and I'll check in once I do what you suggested and read the walk-through. All the best, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 am

jrbirdman wrote: My issue started when I downloaded the EC145 Base Package and additions to said aircraft, even though they require the base pack to work correctly.
Is that the FS2004 version? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=ec145_base.zip&categoryId=

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jrbirdman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Hagar wrote:
jrbirdman wrote: My issue started when I downloaded the EC145 Base Package and additions to said aircraft, even though they require the base pack to work correctly.
Is that the FS2004 version? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=ec145_base.zip&categoryId=
Yes it is sir. :)
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:29 pm

I've just installed 4 different versions of the EC145 from this page http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=ec145&categoryId=&page=0&filename=
without a single error.

While doing this I realised that there are 2 possible default locations to install Helicopters to FSX - SimObjects\Airplanes or SimObjects\Rotorcraft.
This would make it quite possible to have duplicate versions of a helicopter installed to FSX at the same time which would cause your error messages.

My first thought is to temporarily remove all versions of the EC145 from your SimObjects\Airplanes and/or Rotorcraft folders. Then fire up FSX & see if that fixed it.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam