random fsx freezes then fine then freezes

FSX including FSX Steam version.

random fsx freezes then fine then freezes

Postby anthony96 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:17 pm

i been having a issue with fsx in it on my flights it keeps freezing it dosent crash to desktop. then for a couple seconds it unfreezes then its fine again then it does it over and over it drives me crazy

anyone with a fix and solution will be appreciated thanks :| :D
anthony96
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: random fsx freezes then fine then freezes

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:30 am

anthony96 wrote:i been having a issue with fsx in it on my flights it keeps freezing it dosent crash to desktop. then for a couple seconds it unfreezes then its fine again then it does it over and over it drives me crazy

anyone with a fix and solution will be appreciated thanks :| :D

Stuttering can be caused by a couple of different things
This could be caused by trying to display too much detail and your system is not capable of doing it
A couple of questions will help here
1) what are your system specs
2) is this a boxed version or Steam
3) if this is a boxed version did you do a complete install or did you leave the scenery on the install CD'S
4) what are your frame rates set at
5) Where are your scenery sliders set at

Try the following while in flight
press shift+z a couple of times this will display your frame rates in the top left hand corner in red. If you see them going from 5 to 10 that is your problem
If your frame rates are set too high the odds are your system just cannot handle it
I would suggest you set your frame rates at 30 make sure your sliders are turned down and see if the problem goes away
If you set your frame rates are set to high or if you have them set at unlocked your system will try its best to display the scenery but just is not able to do so
A few things that cause this is in no certain order
CPU to slow
Not enough RAM or the speed is too slow
lack of a graphics card or it is too slow
FSX is a demanding program if you want to run it maxed out like I do you need to have a system that will do it
you can see by my signature i have a descent system and I run FSX maxed out frame rates locked at 30 with no problems at all

This is a trail and error approach the biggest cause of stuttering is trying to display too much Auto generated Scenery
this could be a frame rate issue
Start by setting all of your sliders to the far left which is turned all the way down and slowly start turning them up one at a time and see how it effects your frame rates
This is a slow process but it is the only way you can get the best results for your system
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby anthony96 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm

my fr are set at 50 and i always press shift z
anthony96
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby anthony96 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:27 pm

do you want me to send u a screenshot of my settings
anthony96
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pegger » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Instead of a sceenshot of your settings, try the suggestions that gary has given you.
Lower your settings to minimum, reduce your frame rate limiter to 30, and see if it clears up your problem.

If that does not lead to a solution, then there is something else going on with your set-up.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 am

anthony96 wrote:my fr are set at 50 and i always press shift z

This is way too high which is just one reason that could be causing the stutters,
You should try to do as I suggested in order to obtain a smooth display for your system.
As I stated in my reply even with my system I have my frame rates set to 30. There is no need to set them any higher.
FSX is a CPU and GPU hog.
If you have your sliders set to maximum and with a frame rate of 50 you will have stutters for sure unless you have one powerful system which you would cost you one pretty penny for sure.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby anthony96 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:42 pm

ok i st it at 30 and it seemed it got worse il try and do what u told.
anthony96
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:06 am

anthony96 wrote:ok i st it at 30 and it seemed it got worse il try and do what u told.

That is strange indeed you might have other issues
But I would still recommend you turn down all of your sliders to the minimum and start turning each one up and see what happens
I know this is a painstaking procedure but this is the only way one can fine tune your system
The biggest frame rate killers are in no certain order
Auto generated scenery
AI traffic
Weather draw and see distances can cause issues
scenery complexity the higher this is turned up the more detail you will see
and finally scenery bloom
I think there is a slider for global scenery as well but I am at work and unable to check
It would be nice if you could set your copy up the same way your buddy has but unless you have identical systems you cannot.
I would start with the auto generated scenery and the scenery complexity first .
weather would be the next thing to adjust cloud coverage and cloud draw distances along with visual range or how far out you can see the weather are important
One other thing i thought about is I hope you do not have any AI aircraft that were designed to fly as that can cause a major problem
What i mean is do not take say the default B737-300 and use it in a AI flight plan. Yes it can be done but trust me you do not want to do this as this is just one thing that can cause issues.
Good luck and let us know
<<s
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam