LOST FSTramp FUNCTIONALITY

FSX including FSX Steam version.

LOST FSTramp FUNCTIONALITY

Postby storm_cloud » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Due to the awful rendering of the Bahamas by ORBX Global and Vectors, I decided to go with Flight1's UTX Tropical America and Caribbean v2. Just seconds after flying over Walker's Cay ... a Destination in AirHauler....I lost functionality and display of the Map, no data display! I've never had this happen in over 25 years of using this addon. Even the people over at FSTramp don't have the solution. Flight1 has awful or no support. I'm posting this here to expand my chances of finding a way back. Also, FSX doesn't shut down completely now. I have to use the Task Manager for Apps and Processes. I'm wondering if there was a system change :cry: :shock: or something sinister going on. For now, it seems I'm lost in the Devils Triangle.
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: LOST FSTramp FUNCTIONALITY

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Just tried my Registered copy of "FS Tramp" in my FSX and it is working fine!
(Make sure you enter, or re-enter, your Licence Key details, if necessary, to continue using the program).

"Plan-G" (Freeware) also works fine.

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S. "FS Tramp" is the FS 2002 + FS 2004 version of "FS Navigator", updated for FSX!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby storm_cloud » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

I bought the four year license, and I lost functionality exactly one year after installation. Although the avionics connect, the map data doesn't display, and its functions don't work. FSTramp Support don't have the solution.posting.php?mode=reply&f=21&t=176589#
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby storm_cloud » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:34 am

Problem solved. I had FSX re-write the .cfg file and accepted all of the add ons! :clap: :clap: :roll: ;)
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 am

storm_cloud wrote:Problem solved. I had FSX re-write the .cfg file and accepted all of the add ons! :clap: :clap: :roll: ;)

Hello Storm!

Good to know you got it fixed!

"FS Tramp" for FSX, is a welcome addition, together with my registered copy of "FS Navigator" for my FS 2002 and FS 2004..(The Olden Days!).... :D ...!

How about including Plan-G (freeware) for an additional GPS map with extra details!

I run BOTH at the same time!

They are invaluable for anyone using "Multiplayer" for on-line flying!..No one gets lost!.... ;) ...!

Paul...I have my name and address attached to my wrist when I go on walk-a bout's.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:59 am

Fozzer wrote:
storm_cloud wrote:Problem solved. I had FSX re-write the .cfg file and accepted all of the add ons! :clap: :clap: :roll: ;)

Hello Storm!

Good to know you got it fixed!

"FS Tramp" for FSX, is a welcome addition, together with my registered copy of "FS Navigator" for my FS 2002 and FS 2004..(The Olden Days!).... :D ...!

How about including Plan-G (freeware) for an additional GPS map with extra details!

I run BOTH at the same time!

They are invaluable for anyone using "Multiplayer" for on-line flying!..No one gets lost!.... ;) ...!

Paul...I have my name and address attached to my wrist when I go on walk-a bout's.... :lol: ...!

Paul
I hope you do not lose your wrist :lol:
My self I have my info on various parts of my body just to be on the safe side :dance:
At our age one cannot afford to take chances. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby storm_cloud » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:01 pm

I liked the idea of being able to network Plan G, although setting up SimConnect was a bit challenging! I haven't done that in a while but may give it a try again on my Win10 Notebook! :geek:
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jared » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:37 am

send up another vote for Plan-G!
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sprocket » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:06 pm

storm_cloud wrote:I liked the idea of being able to network Plan G, although setting up SimConnect was a bit challenging! I haven't done that in a while but may give it a try again on my Win10 Notebook! :geek:

Win 10 x 64 bit.
I run Plan-G on a totally separate and independent desktop computer, (Win 10), using Simconnect. (This machine is NOT part of a "Homegroup" or network set-up, but simply connected to the same modem). It works 100%.

As a test, I also have the XP version of Plan-G on a separate XP LAPTOP, which is wirelessly connected to the modem, and that also runs 100%.

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby storm_cloud » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:39 pm

I'd like to see what your Simconnect file looks like!
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sprocket » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:01 am

storm_cloud wrote:I'd like to see what your Simconnect file looks like!

Herewith my SimConnect.xml file: (You can copy this file exactly as is, and then just alter your "address" to suit)

It MUST be named "SimConnect" and be saved as .xml in THE SAME FOLDER as your fsx.cfg file, ie AppData>>Roaming>>Microsoft>>FSX..

Thought I'd add some more info for anybody else who may be interested:

Full instructions can be found in the Plan-G manual, pages 109 -110, section 19.3.1

To find your "address":

Plan-G entries: on the host machine..

How to update the "database":

With any new install of "Plan-G", a new folder is created in your "Documents" folder. named "Plan-G Files"

Inside this folder a "Data" folder is created. When "building" a database in Plan-G, all the "data" info is stored in this folder.

Now, install a copy of Plan-G on the FSX machine, and build a database. When done, right click and copy this folder.

On the host machine, totally delete the data folder, and replace it (paste) with the copied data folder. As easy as that.. :D

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby storm_cloud » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 pm

The more I study this the easier it seems. My only confusion was with ip4 or ip6 with Comcast and a surfboard router. Now I've got an AT&T U_Verse set up with a switch box, so I hope it works. Also, I assume the Host Computer us the one running Plan G, not the FSX computer!
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sprocket » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 pm

storm_cloud wrote: Also, I assume the Host Computer us the one running Plan G, not the FSX computer!

Yep.. Launch Plan-G on the host machine, and once FSX is up and running, you click on the Plan-G "connect" icon and all should be well.

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam