Teaching and old dog new tricks

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Teaching and old dog new tricks

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am

Hello every one
Lately I purchased a new payware aircraft from Just Flight it was the Air Bus Collection The Long Haul the thing that I liked the best was you could install it in both FS9 and FSX kind of like getting two downloads for the price of one.
Now you talk about different . This was driving me crazy for awhile The first problem I discovered was that the A330-200 GE for general electric engines when you selected it the plane was buried in the ground and spun like a top
but the same aircraft did not have this problem in FS9. After some digging around I discovered the plane in FSX did not have any contact points in the aircraft cfg file which was why I posted the question about contact point in the model
The problem was a bad install I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked like it was supposed to. The next problem I had was Air Stairs that I cold not get rid of. This was the first new thing I discovered this plane had Icons like a lot of other aircraft do but I discovered there is an ICON for the Air Stairs as well a first for me. clicking on it places and remove the Air stairs. The next problem I had was I could not get the cargo doors to open in FSX using the Tail Hook and wing fold like most other aircraft use.
It worked in FS9 using them but not in FSX and I had the appropriate keystrokes assigned. That really had me going I could not figure it out for love of money. But than like you sometimes do I stumbled upon it by accident
I was looking at the overhead panel when I opened the main passenger door I noticed a light blinking in the upper right hand corner of the overhead panel. After looking at the manual I discovered that the switches here were for the cargo and passenger doors so I clicked on them a light started to blink saying OPEN and what do you know the doors opened.
Some of the other things this aircraft does which is new to me as well are it came with a FMC but it works like no other FMC when you load a flight plan it automatically puts it in the FMC
The other thing I discovered was there was no COURSE selection knob so you can put in the degree of the ILS signal that bothered me plus there was no NAV/GPS switch either so I was a little worried but I than discovered that this plane automatically switches with the push or pull of a button and it selects the proper angle for the ILS slope
So far this plane has done things I never new could be done and I have hardly scratched the surface of it yet. To say that this is an amazing aircraft is an under statement.
Time to throw out the old and welcome the new. I do not know what else this plane is going to teach me.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam