panel

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: panel

Postby Hagar » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:46 pm

This is very odd. Have you installed any other C-17s?
I'm still wondering if you're selecting the wrong aircraft from the FSX Aircraft menu.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:10 pm

nope...only one i got.....strange..
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:24 pm

yancovitch wrote:naaa. even tech at virtavia is scratching his head...so surprised he responded so quickly....s key just toggles between spot and tower views.....the only time i get a cessna panel, is if i choose cockpit in the views menue in fsx....which i don't want of course.....may have to buy a new computer :)

i even coppied the cab. file in the panel folder and placed it in the fsx gauges folder, but it didn't make any difference.....

I have never tried putting gauges in the panel folder but have heard it works but not sure if it works the same way. I just place the entire folder in my gauges folder and it usually works
Now I have a used to be payware aircraft that creates a special folder and the panel goes to it and then the panel cfg file is aliased to that folder
Like I said look in the panel cfg file as to the name of the folder it is looking for a misspelled word or missing - or . can make a big difference
This is a sample of a plane that is using another panel from a another aircraft
[fltsim]
alias=Airbus_A321\panel
The aircraft folder has to be worded the exact same way so if your folder reads airbus_a321\panel this would not work it has to be Airbus_A321\panel
I have seen where the spelling or the punctuation is not exact and it will cause a problem every time.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:38 pm

no alias on this panel.....supposed to come with a great virt. cockpit.....and i have only one c-17 .....if i choose another aircraft cockpit view, then change to the c-17.....i get only a front view scenery......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:05 am

guess i give up :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:59 am

There has to be a logical explanation. Which version of FSX have you got?

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:12 pm

an old one :mrgreen: ...........just says flight simulator deluxe edition plus got acceleration expansion pack...i suppose with some upgrades...don't remember....been out of it for 3-4 years......if i can finish a model ship i'm building, and sell it.....i'll buy a new computer.....but that won't be for awhile ...and selling one ain't easy :) .....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby TruNorthSim » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:53 am

Hello,

I have owned and flown the Virtavia C-17 for a long, long time. Back in 2016, I contacted the dev over at Virtavia, spoke very highly of their C-17, and suggested some things that myself and group members would like implemented if they ever decided to do an update. I didn't expect to hear back from them, but low and behold they emailed me back! Here is a copy of the emails...

//-----Me to them

Hello!

I purchased the C-17 Globemaster III from the Flight Sim Store several months ago. After completing many flights, including completely circumnavigating the globe with it, I had a few concerns that I would like to be addressed if your company decided to do an update on it. I have asked several people that currently own the aircraft, and they gave me their opinions on the things they would like to see changed/fixed/added as well.

1. Copilot HUD sits at an angle. Please fix the HUD so copilot can view
it the same as the pilot.

2. When autopilot is activated, it immediately goes to the altitude that
you are currently flying at rather than the altitude you programmed. The
vertical speed is also adjusted. Please fix the altitude hold and
vertical speed to stay at the altitude that the user has set.

3. Aircraft model flickers through the form lights. Please fix.

4. Taxi lights and landing lights do not show in the game correctly or they
are too dim to see. Please fix the taxi lights and landing lights to show
projected onto the ground properly and ensure they are independent from
each other.

6. 2D Autopilot panel dials go down when mousewheel scrolls up and vice
versa. Please change so the numbers go down when the mousewheel scrolls
down and up when the mousewheel scrolls up.

7. Please change the light in the cargo hold so it can be toggled on/off or
dimmed.

8. Please add a custom flare effect.

I understand that the developers at Virtavia are very busy with projects and this request may not happen. In any case I, and other owners of this magnificent aircraft, appreciate your consideration. Thank you!

//-----Them to me

Hello,

thanks for your detailed reports on our C-17, this is very useful feedback. The model package is quite old now, it was released in 2010 and has not been updated significantly since, so a thorough going-over is long overdue. The points you raise are all addressable, with the exception of the HUD. The copilot display was deliberately angled because that’s how it would appear from the pilot’s seat. If we put it vertical (like the pilot’s) then it will appear to be floating in the air, actually like the pilot’s HUD does when seen from the right seat. As for flares, we are presently working with the TacPack addon and will provide a suitable version of the C-17 which can use TP to produce this effect. Another reason to re-visit the C-17 is so that we can produce a better quality package for the P3D version of FSX. We presently have no P3D models on sale, so the C-17 would be a good start and would need to be as good as we can get it. So in short, yes we are going to update the C-17 in the not-to-distant future, and the issues you have raised here will definitely be incorporated. I will keep a copy of your e-mail as reference when the C-17 work starts. Let me know if you think of any other fixes or improvements.

Phil,
Virtavia Support

//-----Me to them

Hello!

Thank you for replying in such a short amount of time! The reason I am passionate about this particular aircraft is because I was an Army Ranger assigned to the 2nd Ranger Battalion in Ft. Lewis, Washington from 2006-2009. During that time, my primary job was as a Parachute Rigger, and I spent a lot of time in the hangars at McChord AFB and in the cargo holds of the C17. I have numerous jumps from that aircraft as well. I have a virtual airline where I currently manage 22 pilots, host a group and dedicated 24-7 server on the Steam FSX multiplayer called US Central, and I host a twitch.tv account that is growing quickly, currently about to reach 3000 views and 250 followers. I fly the C17 often during my twitch streams.
As for the HUD, I do shared cockpit flights often, and I think that, despite the issue with it "floating", maybe you could add a button to swivel it from slanted to upright. That way, we could have the best of both worlds. Although, I do not know how these operate in real life. The cockpit lighting needs a bit of work as well. Sometimes it flickers strangely and the switches on/off do not sync.
A member of my group suggested a load configurator, and the possibility of seeing different loads inside the aircraft.
I added an effect to the Virtavia C17 that I fly that allows me to drop cargo with parachutes. I got this effect from simviation, and I added it to the smoke effect in order to drop the cargo when I hit the "i" key. My buddy added one of their flare effects to his, and it works great.
I would also love to see soldiers parachuting from the doors, and possibly HALO jumpers from the rear! Maybe you could incorporate these type of features into the aircraft update

I know this may be asking for a lot, but I go all out adding things to my addon aircraft to make them more realistic/fun. Speaking for myself and most of the members of my group, we have no problem paying cash for quality aircraft with a lot of features. At the end of the day, we do hope for an update, no matter how small the fixes, in the near future. You guys made an outstanding aircraft, one of the most desired out there! I wish I had a nickel for every time someone in my twitch stream asked me where I got it!

I hope these suggestions helped. Thank you for considering them and replying!

Have a good day!

//-----Me to them after receiving an email that there was a new update to V3

Hello!

I just noticed that there was an update for the C-17 Globemaster! I read the list of fixes and you've seriously made my and the members' of my group's day! We're very happy you decided to make these and other fixes to the aircraft. I personally can't wait to get my hands on it, but unfortunately, the FlightSimStore.com hasn't sent me an email or link to download the update. I sent them an email this morning reminding them that I had purchased the aircraft along with the Livery DLC a long time ago, so hopefully I they will get it squared away soon. Many thanks from all of us here at US Central. We enjoy your products very much, and it's always great have these updates! Take care!

So, as you can see, Virtavia is a very good company. They actually listen to their customers! Also, as I said, I have a lot of experience with this aircraft, and I would be glad to help you out if you ever need it. I'll do what I can.
TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam