Saitek X-53

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Saitek X-53

Postby Gringo6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:13 pm

OK - after spending too much time in the hospital I'm ready to return
to FSX and I need a controller. I want one with dual throttles and
stick. I'll most likely be flying the FA-18 and the T-38. Both are twin
engine as you know. I'm looking for suitable controller.

What is a pretty good controller for this application ?

All help needed.
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Saitek X-53

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 am

Gringo6 wrote:OK - after spending too much time in the hospital I'm ready to return
to FSX and I need a controller. I want one with dual throttles and
stick. I'll most likely be flying the FA-18 and the T-38. Both are twin
engine as you know. I'm looking for suitable controller.

What is a pretty good controller for this application ?

All help needed.

This would depend upon how much money you are willing to spend
My self I bought the SAITEX Cessna Pro Flight Yoke with Throttles
It cost me around $125.00 but it is well worth the money I have set up a profile that allows me to talk to ATC without using any keystrokes I simply assigned some of the buttons and switches on the yoke to do this
And the throttle has several rocker switches that I use for raising and lowering the flaps I even have some set for opening the main doors as well as cargo doors
And as you can see by my signature it works with Windows 10 64 BIT
They also have some great Joysticks as well
Here is the link http://www.saitek.com/
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 am

My £30 twist-stick of joy, with twin throttles, is my lovely Saitek Cyborg X, Fly5....>>>

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Shops/Saitek ... B001EYU1VO

Suits all my type of Aircraft flying!

Small and compact...does the job for me...just like it says on the tin!.... :dance: ....!

My bulky Flight Yoke and Pedals, sulks, unused, in the spare bedroom!.... ;) ...!

Paul..... :D ...!

P.S...Cost me £30 brand new, from a Curry's, Hereford, Store, a few Moons ago!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pegger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Gringo6 wrote:...I want one with dual throttles...

You probably want to keep your eye open for a used X-55, or X56 from MadCatz, or the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.
After a Quick search on amazon, you will need to be willing to part with several hundred dollars to get a dual throttle HOTAS.

Yokes are not going to serve you well if you want to fly military jets. If you can manage with a single throttle control (I know, not exactly realistic...) you can pick up used X-52's for a little less money.

Good luck on the hunt. I've been trying to complete my controller collection for years. Just can't get the piece I need.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sinkrate » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:54 am

You can always get a throttle quadrant such as the ones here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... e+quadrant

You can have as many as you want and gang them to simulate throttles of multi- engined aircraft. They will work alongside most other HID’s such as yokes and joysticks. I have CH Eclipse yoke, Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick & throttle unit (expensive but nice!) Two throttle quadrants, elevator trim wheel & CH pro pedals. All are USB and I just plug the appropriate ones in depending on the type of aircraft I’m flying. It all works on Win 10 although I had to remove the Saitek drivers first.

I’ve had a lot of cheap joysticks over the years and all were disappointing (boing, twang, flip, flop, waggle, waggle!) The thrustmaster moves with the smooth fluidity that one would expect from the real thing and has more buttons and switches than you are likely to need in FSX – it’s really tailored for DCS A-10C. If you are going for a cheap stick, I would recommend trying a few out at a store such as PC world to see which has the best action.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam