FSX Default acft

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX Default acft

Postby goodmanp » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Is there a list for the default 737/747 acft, showing what all the different acft door keys are? Would make using GSX more realistic for me.

Thx
goodmanp
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX Default acft

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 am

goodmanp wrote:Is there a list for the default 737/747 acft, showing what all the different acft door keys are? Would make using GSX more realistic for me.

Thx

Not sure what you mean by door keys
If you are talking about how to open doors on a aircraft every aircraft has the standard Shift + E which opens the main door. But in order for other doors to open they have to be part of the original aircraft then you can assign key strokes to that door the most common commands used are the Tail Hook and Wing Fold
Not all aircraft have this feature I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that this has to be done at the time of making the aircraft. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby goodmanp » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:18 am

That's exactly what I am asking. How do I open the other doors (other passenger doors, cargo doors down below) on the acft, besides the "main door" opened by "shift E". Not even sure the other doors on default acft open or not.
goodmanp
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am

I'm making a guess here, without looking at the particular aircraft keyboard key press options in the main drop-down Menu....

Shift + E....followed by pressing the keyboard keys 1...2...3...etc to open other doors?

...providing the the aircraft has been designed and programmed to open the particular doors.

(Sometimes this is explained in the "Readme" file by the author, accompanying the Aircraft).

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am

Fozzer wrote:I'm making a guess here, without looking at the particular aircraft keyboard key press options in the main drop-down Menu....

Shift + E....followed by pressing the keyboard keys 1...2...3...etc to open other doors?

...providing the the aircraft has been designed and programmed to open the particular doors.

(Sometimes this is explained in the "Readme" file by the author, accompanying the Aircraft).

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!

Correct Paul. For the default 737 & 747 check the [exits] section in Aircraft.cfg.
The number_of_exits= value should be 3. If it's 2 then change it to 3.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:10 pm

The aircraft cfg file has to have lines that look like below

[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.20, 49.50, -5.00, 7.5, 0 //open-close rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.10, -35.00, 7.50, -2.5, 1 //open-close rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.05, //open-close rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

[TailHook] // For opening cargo door.
tailhook_length=1 //(feet)
tailhook_position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
cable_force_adjust=1.0

[folding_wings] // For opening main deck cargo door.
wing_fold_system_type = 4 //0=None
fold_rates = 0.05,0.05 //Percent per second
cable_force_adjust = 1.0
How ever I still think that this has to be part of the original model or it will not work but like I said I could be wrong <<s
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:48 pm

goodmanp wrote:That's exactly what I am asking. How do I open the other doors (other passenger doors, cargo doors down below) on the acft, besides the "main door" opened by "shift E". Not even sure the other doors on default acft open or not.

As they've said - it has to be built into the aircraft model.

Question - Do you have a limited number of aircraft that you want to do this for?
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 am

OldAirmail wrote:
goodmanp wrote:That's exactly what I am asking. How do I open the other doors (other passenger doors, cargo doors down below) on the acft, besides the "main door" opened by "shift E". Not even sure the other doors on default acft open or not.

As they've said - it has to be built into the aircraft model.

Question - Do you have a limited number of aircraft that you want to do this for?

This was the original question.
Is there a list for the default 737/747 acft, showing what all the different acft door keys are?

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 am

OK, the default key commands are as follows.

Shift + E = Main Doors
Image3

Shift + E then 2 = Cargo Doors

Shift + E then 3 = Emergency exits

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam