Thanks

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Thanks

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 am

Good morning all... <<q

Thanks to Peggar, Daube "Stephane", Gary, Rich and anyone else who contributed to getting this Game back in order...Thanks... :clap:

I added the UIautomation.dll to the FSX Main Menu, that was the UIautomation.dll that Peggar supplied the Link to and Stephane and Rich told me exactly where to put it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... f8b?auth=1

http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/dow ... e.dll.html

Gary, kept the Frame Rates to 30 and everything seems fairly smooth.

Windows 10 and FSX Deluxe/Acceleration

After adding the .dll to FSX I did a simulated flight around the same area for approximately 40 minutes making many changes from the menu bar during the simulated flight to see if the simulated flight would freeze.
Normally FSX would Freeze and I would lose the Screen after a minute or two after making the changes.

All went well, now have not done a simulated cross country for a duration of several hours with added Waypoints, ADFs, VORs and Airports/SPB added in but I don't foresee a problem.

Don't think I will have to take up Fly Fishing Paul... :lol:

Again many thanks for All your support and many thanks to Pete for supplying this Simviation Forum where members help members to keep our Hobby going.

A few shots of the Simulated Test Flight...Comments most appreciated....

Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Thanks

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 am

Flying Trucker wrote:Good morning all... <<q

Thanks to Peggar, Daube "Stephane", Gary, Rich and anyone else who contributed to getting this Game back in order...Thanks... :clap:

Don't think I will have to take up Fly Fishing Paul... :lol:

Again many thanks for All your support......

I'll tell you what, Doug..... ;) .... ;) ....

...you have definitely got more patience than I have, with your multitude of problems with your copy of FSX..... :( .....

....(and your love of extreme Winter Weather conditions in Canada!).... :o ....!

You seem to have more problems than I have had, in all my copies of MS Flight Simulators and MS Operating Systems, since FS '98...!

I avoid anything/everything that gives me grief and heartache, nowadays!.... :lol: ....!

...and Fly Fishing seemed to be a good alternative option for you to enjoy!

Paul....FSX + FS2004 and Windows 8.1....no problemo!.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks Paul... <<q

The Problem I think was that Windows 10 & FSX Deluxe were running too many Programs all at once like REX, ORBX and Flight Simulator Water Configurator and the FIX was really adding the New UIautomationcore.dll.

As an Old Retired Rocking Chair Flying Geezer with enough children too start my own Air Force I learned many years ago:

Time to Spare
Go by Air

I think Aviation teaches us to be patient...don't know how many Bottles of good Laphroaig Scotch-Whisky I drank while being grounded by Mother Nature during my Career...made it part of my Survival Kit :dance:

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/b/40/ ... tch-whisky
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:18 am

Flying Trucker wrote:Thanks Paul... <<q

The Problem I think was that Windows 10 & FSX Deluxe were running too many Programs all at once like REX, ORBX and Flight Simulator Water Configurator and the FIX was really adding the New UIautomationcore.dll.

As an Old Retired Rocking Chair Flying Geezer with enough children too start my own Air Force I learned many years ago:

Time to Spare
Go by Air

I think Aviation teaches us to be patient...don't know how many Bottles of good Laphroaig Scotch-Whisky I drank while being grounded by Mother Nature during my Career...made it part of my Survival Kit :dance:

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/b/40/ ... tch-whisky

Glad you got your FSX, and drinking problems sorted out now, Doug... :D ....

Me: No problems with FSX...its just the drinking problems to be sorted out now...waiting for Sunny Summer in England to arrive now, for some more comfy Motorcycle rides!
...and (Sim) flying conditions for me are ALWAYS perfect; Mid Summer, mid day, no clouds, no wind, no precipitation, good visibility...

...and a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream to wet my whistle.... :dance: ...!

Paul....Throttles at Max!.... :mrgreen: ....!

P.S: Five Children (eldest 62, youngest 41), zillions of Grandchildren, and zillions of Great Grandchildren!...No more "Breeding" for me!... :lol: ...!
....maybe a practice now and again?.... :think: ..!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks for the post, Doug.

I rarely use FSX anymore, and had completely forgotten about this file.

Still, even though I don't think that I'll need it, it's good to know that it is there. :D
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:05 am

OldAirmail wrote:Thanks for the post, Doug.

I rarely use FSX any more, and had completely forgotten about this file.

Busy Breeding...and/or practising Breeding?... ;) ....!

Me?...I spend far too much time posting Fun Stuff on various Forums!

Paul.... :D ...!

Just done a tour around Tracy (KTCY) on my Gyrocopter...and posted some Fun Stuff, and I need to post some Screen Shots!!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Daube » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Glad to see you could get the problems solved Doug :)
Enjoy your flights !
Oh, and that first screenshot was quite lovely, by the way 8-)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Excellent news Doug hope it will survive a longer flight, as I have a dodgy hard drive on my PC I could be heading for a complete reinstall and I'm thinking I may use both versions FSX, with the New UIautomationcore.dll for Military in the UK and FSX Steam for General Aviation in the US of A when the time comes.
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:55 am

Good morning all... <<q

Minus 14 Celsius this morning without the windchill...sun will be out for most of the week but beginning next week we will be looking at minus 23 + without windchill and sunny.
We really need SNOW or RAIN for the Wells.

Thanks Daube "Stephane" for your help and as always your advice and comments on my Screenshots...that is most appreciated.

Thanks Shadowcaster for your help and support, as always that is most appreciated.
Hope you get your computer sorted out...nothing worse than a cantankerous electronic gizmo... :roll:

I heard one of my fellow Old Retired Rocking Chair Flying Geezers at the bugsmasher field the other day say:
"They should change the name of Computers to Mother-in-laws"... :lol: :doh:

He flew several Vickers aircraft...the Vanguard and Viscount I believe.

Getting ready to start a two hour simulated cross country in Alberta Canada...will see how it goes... :pray:
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:23 am

No problem that is why I joined this forum. I get to help people and one can actually learn something in the process.
I am a firm believer in the K I S S method (Keep It Simple Stupid)
Like you I have had my share of problems and the fact that with Windows 10 we are trying to run a 16bit program on a 64 bit operating system. I remember when I first switched over from Windows 8.1 I thought I had lost FS9 but thank god for the nocd crack. I still have some aircraft that will no longer install on Windows 10 without starting it up in safe mode. That used to be an easy task but it is a little tricky now.
I am glad to see that you sorted it all out. I was fairly certain that you was asking a little much from your system.
Keep a look out for me in the air as I am starting to make a lot of winter flights over Canada now. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:37 am

Just only to remember that FSX-Steam edition has the Uiautomationcore.dll incorporated.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks Gary...will be looking forward to seeing you.

Now remember Gary to be wearing those Red Flannel Longjohns with the built in Rear Trap Door.
Red is the colour as it is easily seen from the air if you have to make a Forced Landing.

The old saying is:
If in trouble or in doubt
Run in circles scream and shout

Now doing the above in Red Flannel Longjohns is sure to get someones attention... <<q
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Thanks papituwall, that is Good Advice...much appreciated... <<q
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam