Another dumb question

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Another dumb question

Postby garymbuska » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:25 am

I know I am going to be asked why I want to do this, But is there any way to prevent the 3dcockpit of an airplane from displaying?
I was thinking that all I might have to do is to edit the panel cfg file but am not 100% sure.
The reason behind this is simple
I have more hours flying FS9 than I do flying FSX I got so used to 2d cockpits that the 3d cockpits do nothing but annoy me. I really hate it when I first select an airplane and can not see the panel because of the 3d cockpit I have to press shift+1 to get the 2d cockpit to display. But what really drives me crazy is when I try to look left or right the 3d cockpit just scrolls left or right which really looks strange.
I know that I can not remove the 3d cockpit as it is part of the airplane, but can it be turned off so to speak
From what I have seen in the panel cfg files there is a window[00] which I think is the 3d cockpit and I notice that the line that reads visible is set to 1 which means it will be seen without pressing any thing.
All I should have to do is to set that to 0 and change the same line for window[01] to read visible =1 instead of visible =0
does this sound right to you.
:think:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Another dumb question

Postby garymbuska » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:27 pm

I found the answer. You can turn off the 3D cockpit all you have to do is to edit 1 line in the FSX cfg file.
That normally reads like this Default_View=0
I changed it to a 1 problem solved
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:26 am

You can change the default cockpit view from FSX Display Settings.

Also use the F9 (DVC) & F10 (2D panel) keys to change between views in flight.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 am

I have a couple of buttons on my yoke programmed to ‘look forward 2D’ and ‘look forward 3D’ so I can quickly switch between the two for reading instruments. I find it easier to do that than panning and zooming in 3D view and I don't have to look down at the keyboard to do it. :dance:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:35 am

I am an odd-ball.... ;) ...!

I have always preferred 2-D Panels!... :dance: ....!

They may not be "realistic", but at least all the instruments are displayed in front of me, without scrolling around to view them!

Nowadays, my Flight Simming mostly involves exploring the scenery around me, rather than; "real Sim Flying"....

..been there, done that, got the Tee-Shirt, long ago!.... :dance: .....

...now, its easy-going, and all-for-fun, stress-free, "Pretend Flight Simming"!

...I'm also; "Invincible"... ;) ...!

Paul.... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 am

Okay now I fell dumb why I did not see the obvious is beyond me. But it is one of those things that unless you are not looking for it you just do not see it, but the minute you stop looking for it you will trip on it. :oops:
I must have looked at that at least two dozens time :doh:
Thanks Hagar for the reply. 8-)
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam