how to change your aircraft in missions.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

how to change your aircraft in missions.

Postby ROOKIE101 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 pm

hi all i'm new to Simvaition but not to FSX :D any ways im going to show you how to change your aircraft in missions. please bare with me in this.

this is going to sound complicated...

lets say you want to change the aircraft in tutorial 1 to a Piper Cub.

go to your FSX file, open "SimObjects" and open aircraft, Piper_J3Cub, and open the WordPad file called "Aircraft.cfg", and find "title=Piper Cub" at the very top, now find this part

[fltsim.2]
title=Piper Cub Paint2
sim=Piper_J3Cub
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2

copy the part "Piper Cub Paint2"

now go to your missions folder, tutorials, "tutorial01" and open the WordPad file called "Tutorial01.FLT"

scroll down until you see "[Sim.0] exactly in that format. then delete the "Aircreation582SL Blue". [b]now past the "Piper Cub Paint2" in the place of Aircreation582SL Blue" Sim=Aircreation582SL Blue"

and save your file...now if it made any sense then have fun changing your aircraft...but if not (witch im sure is the case)...well read it again :D

<<r
"Wana be pilot" :D
ROOKIE101
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: how to change your aircraft in missions.

Postby Sinkrate » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi ROOKIE and welcome to the site.

That's a good tip; it worked for me :dance:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ROOKIE101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:37 pm

well since you've masterd the first part, are you ready for the second? you know the AI vehicle and boats? well you can drive all of them in missions. some handle better then others. lets say you want to change the aircraft in tutorial 1 to the safari truck in the mission Game Park.

go to your FSX file, open "SimObjects" and open GroundVehicles, VEH_safari_truck, and open the WordPad file called "Sim.cfg", and find the part at the top like this-

[fltsim.0]
title=VEH_safari_truck
model=
texture=

copy the line "VEH_safari_truck"

now go to your missions folder, BackCountry, "GamePark" and open the WordPad file called "GamePark.FLT"

scroll down until you see this-

[Sim.0]
Sim=Aircreation582SL yellow, white and red

now delete this "Aircreation582SL yellow, white and red". and paste this in its spot "VEH_safari_truck"

simple enough huh? have fun with it :D
ROOKIE101
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:16 am

Yes, hacking the FLT file is a good idea, as you can also change the time and weather. So a night mission can be turned into a day one or vice versa. Naturally, one should always back-up the original first. Some people might regard this as cheating, but you can always rename the altered mission as your own and leave the original intact, so it’s really like making your own mission.

Regards,

Sink
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:46 am

Sinkrate wrote:Yes, hacking the FLT file is a good idea, as you can also change the time and weather. So a night mission can be turned into a day one or vice versa. Naturally, one should always back-up the original first. Some people might regard this as cheating, but you can always rename the altered mission as your own and leave the original intact, so it’s really like making your own mission.

Regards,

Sink

Its fun cheating!..... :dance: ...!

I cheat at everything.

I wont play any of my computer games unless I am in GOD Mode; with infinite lives, infinite ammo, infinite weapons, infinite time, walk through walls, etc, etc...

I've even bent the needle on my speedo, on my Bike, to read 60 when I'm doing 30 MPH...

I love cheating!..... :D ...!

Paul.....spawning..... ;) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:02 am

Its fun cheating!..... :dance: ...!

I cheat at everything.

You old rascal you! :lol:

I've even bent the needle on my speedo, on my Bike, to read 60 when I'm doing 30 MPH...

You'd better not park in any 20mph zones then, or you could be done for speeding whilst stationary! :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol:

Seriously though, I have no qualms about cheating when playing solo; I don’t know why some people get so upset about it. Playing in a group or on-line is a different matter of course. If a game pitches me against an army of enemies armed with only a Colt 1911 and one clip of ammo, I cheat like a motherfudger! :dance:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:32 am

I love it when I play in God mode and can not be seen by enemy I just walk right up to them put my rocket launcher right against there head and pull the trigger. I have to warn you though it does make quite a mess .
I mean why bother with a gun. And for some real fun I will place a time bomb on them and watch them walk up to someone else and you get to kill two people and sometimes even more if there is a crowd.
:mrgreen: :dance: :clap:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:15 am

Sorry to ask, but what is the benefit of editing all these files to change the aircraft, since you can change it directly in the game during the mission ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ROOKIE101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Daube wrote:Sorry to ask, but what is the benefit of editing all these files to change the aircraft, since you can change it directly in the game during the mission ?

to tell you the truth...i guess theirs really now point...unless you cant figure out how to finish the mission. or you just like cheating ;D
ROOKIE101
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:24 pm

But that's the thing: why do you consider it cheating ?
I mean, with the small checkbox under the mission list, you are allowed to change the aircraft, the weather and even the time of the flight in the mission. For example, I loved to fly the Denali mission with a DC3, in the late afternoon (for the sunset) and with a custom weather. This doesn't need file editing, so that's why I was asking the question :oops:

EDIT: sorry, I realize my message might be a bit misleading. Just to clarify: I love "cheating" with the missions and doing them with a different aircraft. I'm 200% with you on that. The only thing I don't understand is: why editing files if we can do the changes from the game already ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ROOKIE101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:34 pm

well i"m going to show my ignorance here...but i didn't know you could change the aircraft with out changing the files. so how do you do it?
ROOKIE101
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:08 am

In the mission menu, where you choose a mission from the list, there is a checkbox just below the list. That box says "Enable changes in selected Mission (no rewards given)".
If you enable that option before launching a mission, then the in-flight menu will allow you to change the parameters (plane, time, weather...) exactely like in free flight.

Now that I think about it, if you enable that option you also don't get the corresponding rewards once the mission is complete.
Perhaps your file modifications would allow to change the aircraft AND earn the rewards nevertheless ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ROOKIE101 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:16 am

yeah it does still give you the rewards.
ROOKIE101
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:05 am

It’s been a long time since I worked through the missions and I had quite forgotten about the check box at the bottom of the list. :doh: I can confirm what you have both reported though; you have to edit the FLT file if you want to get the rewards. Otherwise, use the tick box. Thanks to all for your inputs; it’s been a useful refresher for me. :clap:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ROOKIE101 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:26 pm

lol i'v been using FSX for about three years now and i have never noticed that box :lol: no kidding!!! thanks to you guys to ^-^
ROOKIE101
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam