FSX shuts down

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX shuts down

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:56 am

Good morning all... <<q

For the last week or so when I try to do a complete simulated cross country flight for more than (90) ninety minutes the simulated flight will shut down.

FSX and Windows 10

-FSX Icon at bottom of screen says FSX is on

-Nothing shows

-It goes to Pause

-Pause will not work to go back into the simulated flight...it is useless

-ESC Button does nothing

-Control/Alt/Delete does nothing

-FRAPS shows I am getting the 30 Frame Rate I have set in the game

-Sliders are not Maxed Out

-I am using REX quite a bit and trying to create MIST in the simulated flight...

-I am using ORBX Weather Settings....#1...which is supposed to simulate some MIST...have not seen that yet but does give nice storm clouds and lightning

-Using FSWC (Flight Simulator Water Configurator) set to Steve's Favourites

This problem occurs when using Payware and Default simulated aircraft.

Any ideas other than going to Train Simulator would be most helpful... :lol:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: FSX shuts down

Postby garymbuska » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:29 am

What is wrong with Train Simulator I have at least three different versions of it.
But back to your problem If Crtl alt del does not do anything than your system has locked up tighter than dicks hat band on a Friday night. :roll:
There are a couple of things that I can think of that might cause this.
Your Fans are extremely dirty and your CPU is running hot. Also check to make sure your graphics card fans are working as well
The only other thing is you might be maxing out your system with the type of graphics that you are trying to display.
REX is trying its best to display what you want but just can not get there.
About the only thing you can do is to back down on the graphics. I do not think that this is a slider setting that is causing this but rather than you are asking it to display something that it can not display so the system will lock up trying to display it. I have seen this happen with other software. It is more than likely has something to do with the textures you are trying to display
Hope you figure it out.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 am

Good morning all... <<q

Thanks Gary...much appreciated as always for the help.

I took the side off the computer box and the Fans had very little dust on them.
Cleaned them with a damp cloth and they look like new.
There are 7 Fans and they all are working.

Used a Dust Destroyer or can of air and cleaned any dust inside...too be honest it was quite clean.

Started FSX and Deleted my Flight Plan...did a short test flight and lowered all my Sliders by one Click in the FSX Program.
-that included traffic...commercial to 0 and general aviation back to 30
-water setting is now at Low...I did notice the difference there...water is much darker
-not sure how that is going to affect the REX Water or FSWC (Flight Simulator Water Configurator)
-reduced FRAPs from 30 to 27

Will do another simulated cross country to see how things work out.
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:24 am

I have my frame rates set at 30 but with 27 you will not notice much difference and that just might help improve things. Let us know how it worked out.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam