fsx sluggish controls on some planes

FSX including FSX Steam version.

fsx sluggish controls on some planes

Postby bombardier » Mon May 23, 2016 7:34 am

hello to you:

how can I adjust the controls on planes. a few planes has sluggish controls and want to fix it some how. by sluggish I mean turning, climb and descend. when I take off from a 12,000 ft runway I should take off about 3/4 of a runway. not with the yoke pull all the way back on a 12,000 ft runway, ran off the runway and crashes into buildings and trees come on now I'm flying a 777. eventually I take off after I ran into some buildings and trees after another 5000 ft beyond the runway. but even if I can get up into the air the controls still sluggish on turning and climb and descend.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: fsx sluggish controls on some planes

Postby garymbuska » Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 am

bombardier wrote:hello to you:

how can I adjust the controls on planes. a few planes has sluggish controls and want to fix it some how. by sluggish I mean turning, climb and descend. when I take off from a 12,000 ft runway I should take off about 3/4 of a runway. not with the yoke pull all the way back on a 12,000 ft runway, ran off the runway and crashes into buildings and trees come on now I'm flying a 777. eventually I take off after I ran into some buildings and trees after another 5000 ft beyond the runway. but even if I can get up into the air the controls still sluggish on turning and climb and descend.

bombardier

Things like this can be common in freeware aircraft there are a couple of sections that you can adjust that might help this. Sometimes nothing will work
One section is the aircraft CFG file this is where you will find most of your adjustments. I would recommend that you find a aircraft that is similar to the one you are having problems with .
For example if you are having trouble with a B737-300 or a B737-400 than compare the default aircraft with the problem aircraft. There are several sections that you want to look at one has to do with weight and balance another has to do with how the control surfaces work and another has to do with the engines them selves.
This is a slow process of trail and error because there is so much that can be wrong
Here are examples of some of the sections you need to check
[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar=1.0
parasite_drag_scalar=1.0
induced_drag_scalar=1.0
elevator_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_effectiveness=1.0
pitch_stability=1.0
roll_stability=1.0
yaw_stability=1.0
elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

Like I said this is a slow process only make small changes and only one area at at a time
Some times the easiest way to solve the problem is to trash the aircraft and look for a different download.
Some designers are just not that good and the end result really shows.

<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Mon May 23, 2016 9:12 am

I say if you have another aircraft that is the same make I would just replace the section of the config file of a plane that works well as pointed out above , if that does not work I would do the same and exchange the air file as well. It could be buried in the air file and those are somewhat harder to decipher in some cases.
That or add the textures to same make and model of aircraft.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Sinkrate » Mon May 23, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah, I second the above comments; it worked for me once. It might also be worth checking the default loadout before doing anything drastic.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon May 23, 2016 10:21 am

Sinkrate wrote:Yeah, I second the above comments; it worked for me once. It might also be worth checking the default loadout before doing anything drastic.

Yea sometimes we forget about the load out, I had forgotten many planes are way overloaded, how many I have seen that are seriously in the red for takeoff weight. I guess some guys are loading down those planes that takeoff too easily to compensate where they are missing it in the air file I would guess.
Some computers have a different response I feel to different aircraft. I had noticed that when trying to give input on F/A-18 project, I figured that I may be giving some false negatives with my lacking system and dropped from that project.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon May 23, 2016 11:04 am

Also, before messing around editing Aircraft.cfg make sure your controls are set correctly before take off. Flaps & trim settings are more important than a lot of people realise. I don't pretend to know a great deal about jet airliners but I've noticed that none of the Posky/Skyspirit 777s I've tried has a checklist.

There are a great many variations of the Posky/Skyspirit 777 available. Some might perform better in FSX than others. This example of the Skyspirit 777-300ER works fine for me straight "out of the box". http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=SIA_773ER_FSX.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y
I used take off (nose up) trim with 5 degrees of flap. (See shot below.)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Wed May 25, 2016 10:07 am

hello hagger,

hay I got that plane it flys great and its one of my best planes. I wish I can take the controls from that plane and stick them into the troubled planes where the controls are sluggish. but thats a 777 in the picture and the planes I have trouble with. are A330's. let me see what I can come up with maybe a patch here and a patch there who knows.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam