Add On' Auto Pilot Help ??

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Add On' Auto Pilot Help ??

Postby Jetranger » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:55 am

Trying to install the "meggitt_2100" - Auto Pilot for one of my Aircraft.

Came with instructions, but I believe, theres something left out, I'd like to have it as a separate window , ex: like Shift 1 etc,,,,,,,,,

I know how to add Windows, to Panels,, I've added plenty of em'

but this instrument doesn't exactly give the correct windows info to be able to do it.

I tried using other cordinances from other windows, but still can't get it ??? :shock:

Looks like it be a really good Auto-Pilot to have, if I can ever get it figured out !

Anybody else have this particular Auto Pilot ???

Jetranger

This is what the Creator has for instructions, kinda Vague.

A simulation of the Meggitt/S-TEC Avionics Magic® 2100 Autopilot

LINK to Actual Auto-Pilot (NOT the Download) : http://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-5000-digital-autopilot

Unzip meggitt_2100_FSX_v1.zip into your main FSX folder; make sure you retain the folder structure.
2. Add the following to the window of your choice in the panel.cfg file of your favourite aircraft,
where the gauge numbers start with one bigger than the last gauge added to that window and
X,Y is where the top-left corner of this gauge will appear in this window.
You can of course resize the gauge to fit your panel, but please make sure you keep the original aspect ratio (533:122):

gauge00=Meggitt2100!Meggitt2100, X,Y,533,122
gauge01=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,2,2,2,2,./gauges/Meggitt2100/meggitt2100_xml_sound.ini
gauge02=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Debugger, 420,550,600,80

3. include:

default_pitch_mode=0
default_bank_mode=1
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Add On' Auto Pilot Help ??

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:19 am

Jet...

To save the complication, why don't you just pick the same type of Auto-Pilot panel from the default full Bendix-King Radio Stack?

It looks as though it does the same job?

You can then use the same Short-cuts (Shift + 3, etc) to display it on your Monitor screen?

Paul....Screwdriver and a pair of Pliers... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 am

Bendix-King full Radio Stack:

The second module from the bottom of the stack...>>>

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

Jetranger wrote:Trying to install the "meggitt_2100" - Auto Pilot for one of my Aircraft.

Came with instructions, but I believe, theres something left out, I'd like to have it as a separate window , ex: like Shift 1 etc,,,,,,,,,

I know how to add Windows, to Panels,, I've added plenty of em'

but this instrument doesn't exactly give the correct windows info to be able to do it.

I tried using other cordinances from other windows, but still can't get it ??? :shock:

Looks like it be a really good Auto-Pilot to have, if I can ever get it figured out !

Anybody else have this particular Auto Pilot ???

Jetranger

This is what the Creator has for instructions, kinda Vague.

A simulation of the Meggitt/S-TEC Avionics Magic® 2100 Autopilot

LINK to Actual Auto-Pilot (NOT the Download) : http://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-5000-digital-autopilot

Unzip meggitt_2100_FSX_v1.zip into your main FSX folder; make sure you retain the folder structure.
2. Add the following to the window of your choice in the panel.cfg file of your favourite aircraft,
where the gauge numbers start with one bigger than the last gauge added to that window and
X,Y is where the top-left corner of this gauge will appear in this window.
You can of course resize the gauge to fit your panel, but please make sure you keep the original aspect ratio (533:122):

gauge00=Meggitt2100!Meggitt2100, X,Y,533,122
gauge01=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,2,2,2,2,./gauges/Meggitt2100/meggitt2100_xml_sound.ini
gauge02=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Debugger, 420,550,600,80

3. include:

default_pitch_mode=0
default_bank_mode=1

If you have added windows in other planes than you should know that there is no one window for any one gauge. I know most aircraft have say Window 1 as the main panel but it does not have to be that way. you could make it window 9 if you wanted to as long as you have it defined correctly in the aircraft cfg file.
The only problem I have run into is how to display say window 10 or higher with out going to the main view and select instruments than select window 10 which in my case is FSMAP
In your case here what it is telling you is you have to define where in the window you want the gauge to appear at and this can be fun. One reason I use FSPANELSTUDIO
http://www.fspanelstudio.com/
With this program all you will have to do is to down load the gauges and than use FSPANELSTUDIO to put it in the window of your choice. It takes all of the guess work out of adding gauges or windows. It just does not get any easier than this. <<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:03 am

Ya, Gary, I think ya' mis understood me, I know I could add it to any number of Window Example 1 thru 9, or even higher, with the correct window cordances and sum add on' Icon Click spots in the Panel or the VC.

But in this particular case - I'll have to use Window 1, because I have all my other Windows already taken up, with other Nifty Add On' Trinkets I've added.

and 1 Purrrty Girl Window too,, gotta have that :D

CB_NavRad

Country Gauge

FF_Radar

FlyPad

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:12 am

All those Added Panel Windows show up fine, some I've resized and gave different positions XYZ to show up in different areas of the Window screen when I pull them up, altho' ~ most of the time their either on my 2nd Screen or my 3rd Screen,, as I "undock" them most of the time when Flying, and move them around when I need them, while Flying !

The Chick above is my Co-Pilot & Agitator ! :lol: :lol:

Now,,,,,,, if I can just Figure out where I'm goin', and how to get there :lol: :roll: :doh: :D :lol: :lol: :clap: :dance: :dance: :o :D :D
Last edited by Jetranger on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:14 am

No 10 gauge brings back nightmares for me!.... :? ....

Dangerous flailing female elbows, and the dreaded "Flares"!.... :shock: ...!

Paul.....1970's....and all that stuff!.... :twisted: ....!

..... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:25 am

If it was me I would get rid of all but the last window. This is just what you need to keep you heading in the correct direction. :lol: Providing it does not talk back at you :lol: :pray: :naughty:
With all of those windows no wonder you are having problems. I only have one aircraft that has 12 windows and I thought that was a lot
You have more windows than you have aircraft 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 am

I dont know if this will be of any help,...and if it is the problem,one of the better skilled panel people may be able to point you in the right direction (given that you are still having problems...mine is reading more than a paragraph or two at a sitting :oops: .) Some gauges require being listed in the panel cfg in a certain sequence to be seen. There's a command in the Window desired...something like DRAW or something like that,which brings the panel to the front. I ran into this problem a couple times,and tho I didnt have the knowledge to defeat it,my hardheaded hillbilly attitude causes me to fight by trial and error till I beat it by chance. Also,I myself have APChart ( a great little add on that shows all data and a map of the AP with parking and the whole shameal about the airport ) in it's own window. As a matter of fact,many of my aircraft have several gauges using it's own window in a solitary fashion. A waste of space in some sense,but it keeps my gauges located in windowized categories.
stephan

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam