planes disassembled

FSX including FSX Steam version.

planes disassembled

Postby Sinkrate » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:33 am

Hi folks,

I'm new here, so please don't blast me if this has been covered before - I've done a search of the forum and couldn't find anything.

Problem is, some of my aircraft (default and added) appear as a disassembled jumble of components, as do some of the AI planes. They all seem to fly OK and the view from the cockpit is normal. Has anyone else had this sort of thing?

Best regards,

Sinkrate
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: planes disassembled

Postby pete » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:30 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Can you be a bit more specific? Maybe provide a screenshot?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:41 am

Which version of FSX do you have installed? Can you give an example of the aircraft affected by this problem. A file name would help.

If this affects only some addon aircraft I suspect you might need to install the SP1 & SP2 official updates.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby papituwall » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Maybe DirectX 10 activated and non compatible planes?
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Flacke » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Sinkrate wrote:Hi folks,

I'm new here, so please don't blast me if this has been covered before - I've done a search of the forum and couldn't find anything.

Problem is, some of my aircraft (default and added) appear as a disassembled jumble of components, as do some of the AI planes. They all seem to fly OK and the view from the cockpit is normal. Has anyone else had this sort of thing?

Best regards,

Sinkrate

Hello Sink, that happens when you have been flying for a while and are beginning to run out of memory. The airplanes sometimes redistribute various components like flaps, tail, gear, etc etc. all over the airplane. When it happens to me I close FSX and reboot the 'puter to get all my memory back online. Then when I run FSX again all is well.
I think this is more common with older or lower-spec. computers with minimal Ram and video memory.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 am

Thanks for your replies folks.

Sorry for the delay in responding; I’ve been playing around with various settings to try and find the cause, but so far, no luck. Unfortunately, I can’t pin down an exact time when the problem started so I’m unable to associate it with any alteration I might have made.

My computer has 3.0 GHz Pentium3 processor with 4 GB RAM and NVIDIA GTX 285 video card. OK, I know I’m due for an upgrade, but it has performed well up to now. I am running WinXP sp3, DX9c, and my FSX has patches 1 & 2 applied. I have a 24” LED monitor and normally run at its native resolution of 1920 x 1080. I’ve tried other settings but it doesn’t make any difference.

I’ve been trying to upload some screenshots to illustrate the effect; I’ll have another go:

Did that work? Stroll on; I think I cracked it!

The fact that only some of the planes are affected is strange. If it were only the addons, I might suspect some kind of mod conflict, but it affects the default planes as well. I'm beginning to think that FSX itself has become fundamentally crippled and I might have to reinstall it. I have a lot of mods, so I'm dreading having to do that!

Regards,

Sinkrate (now completely sunk)
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

Four gigs of ram is right at the limit for FSX I would check out your display and scenery sliders you will have to put them no more than half way. I started out with just four gigs of ram and would get the old out of memory error message after running FSX for a while. As you can see by my signature I now have 12 gigs and no longer have any issues and have every thing maxed out.
<<s
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Capt_Cronic » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:03 am

you might try updating directx
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:03 am

This bug is usually solved by adding the "HIGHMEMFIX" tweak in the FSX.cfg, if I'm not mistaken :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam