before install of ORBX global ??

FSX including FSX Steam version.

before install of ORBX global ??

Postby snoopy51 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi, I have decided to install ORBX Global, Vector and Europe LC, but am in big doubt what to do, because they very clearly point out, that all other sceneries must be removed first.
My question are: is it enough to remove the marking in the scenery library setting ? or do I have to remove it totally from my FSX/Addon scenery folder ?
and what about in user/AppData/Roaming/FSX/Scenery.CFG folder ? shall it be changed in anyway ?
I have a lot of third part sceneries installed and it would be much easier to just remove it in scenery library setting instead of total removement.
Hope that someone please can give me advice, what to do, before I go further with installing ORBX global, etc.
Kind regards
Snoopy51 from Denmark
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: before install of ORBX global ??

Postby mrplanecrazzy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm

I have ORBX Global, Vector and LC plus about 12 addons from them. I never had to remove any scenery before an FTX install. Make sure you go to this site http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/ ... uncements/
and download all the updates and freeware global airports 1-19. Run the vector configurator after you install everything and it will correct any elevation problems.
Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790K - ASUS Z97-A - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 - 250GB Samsung 840 EVO - 1.5TB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM - Corsair 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz - 900 Watts -Apevia Warlock Power Supply LG 49" 4K Monitor 4096x2160
mrplanecrazzy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: before install of ORBX global ??

Postby snoopy51 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 am

Hi, mrplanecrazzy
Thanks for your reply, what I meant by removing other sceneries was not sceneries from ORBX, but other/freeware part sceneries, now I have looked around but can´t find where it stood so maybe I remember wrong. (I hope so :) )
So if I understand You right, You just installed ORBX, without taking into account to other sceneries, what about the order in scenery library ? is it just as always ?
most detailed scenery from top,
then ORBX global, vector, LC lower Down on the list,
but before FSX preinstalled stuff.
regards
snoopy51
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam