Scenery error of some kind

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Scenery error of some kind

Postby jcj78 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 am

So now i'm completely stumped. All of a sudden (like between flights) I started having these "ghost skyscrapers" appear all over my sceneries. I figured I had lost some global textures somehow, so I did a repair install, and no change.

Any ideas wtf is going on here? I don't get lost terribly easily in fsx, but this has me stumped.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Scenery error of some kind

Postby mustangaroo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:11 am

Those big boxes are supposed to be clouds. Your top down view suggests some pretty intense terrain complexity and is using a lot of your memory and processor. Might try moving some sliders back a bit. :think:
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jcj78 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks! It wasn't clouds after all. It was thermals, but you started me thinking in the right direction. After I deleted my add on thermals scenery, problem solved.

<<v
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mustangaroo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:57 am

Glad my guess was wrong. My graphics sometimes suffers and the clouds fire up as blocks however crazy that sounds. Happy landings. :dance: :dance:
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:59 am

Thermals!

The key to the problem...

The Glider placed on the ground!.... ;) ....!

My soaring scenery clouds from the Sim V Soaring scenery library appear as special, inverted triangular cloud shapes, and work fine in my FSX.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... y&x=14&y=8
(My FS2002/FS2004 versions work fine in my FSX).

I just use the soaring clouds for realistic (bumpy) effects in all my aircraft, including Gliders, (in my add-on scenery) no matter where I am in the World.

They make an interesting rising/falling, +/- G, thermal effect to all aircraft when flying near them!

If they get annoying at times, I just "un-tick them" in my Add-on scenery file... :D ...!

Paul...On cloud #9..... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S..sometimes they appear as white square blocks in the distance, but quickly resolve into clouds as one approaches them!... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam