fsx gauges not working

FSX including FSX Steam version.

fsx gauges not working

Postby Wrench66 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Has anyone have problems with gauges not working? I'm using FSX with all sp's installed on a windows 8 laptop, with 4g memory I3 processor. The problem is that gauges don't work or are partially there. When I go to access the gauges with panel studio, I'm told the file cannot be opened. If I try to access the CAB files and decompress it, just to see if I can access it. I'm greeted with an error saying "the system cannot find the path specified" or "access denied" I tried to change permissions with no success. Apparently it's go something to do with Windows new security tactics, darn Microsoft. Can anyone help???????????????
Wrench66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: fsx gauges not working

Postby pete » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:17 am

Is this with all aircraft including default?

Aircraft engines started?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby garymbuska » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:56 am

Wrench66 wrote:Has anyone have problems with gauges not working? I'm using FSX with all sp's installed on a windows 8 laptop, with 4g memory I3 processor. The problem is that gauges don't work or are partially there. When I go to access the gauges with panel studio, I'm told the file cannot be opened. If I try to access the CAB files and decompress it, just to see if I can access it. I'm greeted with an error saying "the system cannot find the path specified" or "access denied" I tried to change permissions with no success. Apparently it's go something to do with Windows new security tactics, darn Microsoft. Can anyone help???????????????

I also use fspanel studio and have never had this problem. I do not see where this would have any thing to do with permissions.
Try putting a copy of the planes folder you are working on and a copy of the entire gauge folder some place out side of FSX and anywhere except in the Program files folder. If you can not open it there than you have some issues that have nothing to with permissions.
Also make sure the files are not marked READ ONLY
<<s
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Wrench66 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 pm

To Pete, Yes it affects all aircraft. Engines started or not. Gary, I've checked the properties did read "read only", but ,I tried to change it. even though I changed (unchecked), it always returns to "read only". I then checked under the shared tab. some were unshared. I also had to go into advance share and change some permissions. Then I went to the security tab changing (\computer name\user\, and \computer name\administrator\) files to full control and change FS Panel Studio compatibility to "XP service pac3". Even though Panel Studio accesses just about all panels, the A-12A file still will not let Panel Studio access it. But, all gauges, so far work now in FSX. Is there a way to keep the properties portion, from returning to "read only"?
Wrench66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:13 am

Wrench66 wrote:To Pete, Yes it affects all aircraft. Engines started or not. Gary, I've checked the properties did read "read only", but ,I tried to change it. even though I changed (unchecked), it always returns to "read only". I then checked under the shared tab. some were unshared. I also had to go into advance share and change some permissions. Then I went to the security tab changing (\computer name\user\, and \computer name\administrator\) files to full control and change FS Panel Studio compatibility to "XP service pac3". Even though Panel Studio accesses just about all panels, the A-12A file still will not let Panel Studio access it. But, all gauges, so far work now in FSX. Is there a way to keep the properties portion, from returning to "read only"?

That is a million dollar question.
If you click on my computer and look under folder options you might find something there.
The only other thing that might work but is a pain in the you know where is to create a folder call it what you want than you use the copy as method and make sure to uncheck the read only box.
Delete the original file (THIS IS THE SCARY PART) than restore the files back to where they came from.
One other place to check is look in the control panel than look for FOLDER OPTIONS and see what it brings up.
The problem here is the fact that the file was created as a read only file and there might not be a way around that.
Good Luck
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 am

garymbuska wrote:
Wrench66 wrote:To Pete, Yes it affects all aircraft. Engines started or not. Gary, I've checked the properties did read "read only", but ,I tried to change it. even though I changed (unchecked), it always returns to "read only". I then checked under the shared tab. some were unshared. I also had to go into advance share and change some permissions. Then I went to the security tab changing (\computer name\user\, and \computer name\administrator\) files to full control and change FS Panel Studio compatibility to "XP service pac3". Even though Panel Studio accesses just about all panels, the A-12A file still will not let Panel Studio access it. But, all gauges, so far work now in FSX. Is there a way to keep the properties portion, from returning to "read only"?

That is a million dollar question.
If you click on my computer and look under folder options you might find something there.
The only other thing that might work but is a pain in the you know where is to create a folder call it what you want than you use the copy as method and make sure to uncheck the read only box. By using the save as method this might undo the fact that it is a read only file. But I am not sure
Delete the original file (THIS IS THE SCARY PART) than restore the files back to where they came from.
One other place to check is look in the control panel than look for FOLDER OPTIONS and see what it brings up.
The problem here is the fact that the file was created as a read only file and there might not be a way around that.
Good Luck
<<u
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam