Problems with tilting

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Problems with tilting

Postby garymbuska » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:09 pm

I am having problems with just about all of the default aircraft in FSX especially the B737's and the B747's .
The problem is they all try to tilt or lean when taxing and going around a corner. A example when you turn to the right the left wing goes down the right wing comes up and the right main gear comes off the ground. I thought the problem was to much speed so I installed a Taxi Gauge that keeps speed down to 10 MPH and they still do this. I think this might be a contact problem but I am not up as to which way to change them.
I know which points controls which wheel.
The other problem I have noticed on some of the B747's is they have a tendency to slide while turning .
Any suggestions :?:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Problems with tilting

Postby Fozzer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Have you tried re-calibrating your Joystick/Yoke, Gary?

Maybe its a little bit out of balance?

Paul...sometimes a little bit out of balance.... :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby D28-HB » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Had same problem some timw ago...check is fuel level even in tanks other words out of balance....
D28-HB
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby FoMoCo63 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Did you try unplugging your flight controls and just taxing using the keyboard to see if that made a difference, sir.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks for the replies but I do not see where this would be a calibration problem since not all aircraft are effected.
As for fuel this should not be a problem either as I select the aircraft right after start up and all of the tanks should be full
And I do not see where using the keyboard will help either like above not all aircraft are effected.
So this is either a weight and balance problem or a contact problem.
I am not sure which.
I have the freeware version of READY FOR PUSHBACK which is a B747-200 and is on FS9 I am going to look at the weight and balance of that aircraft and the contact points to compare with the B747 on FSX at least that will give me a starting point MAYBE :?:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:18 am

Could possibly be an add-on program, or an aircraft add-on you downloaded. Further possible by changing the settings with these add-on program(s) or aircraft add-on(s) affected/corrupted the default aircraft. Thinking out loud again. Uninstall/re-install FSX is what I would do if I was presented with a problem such as this.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jandjfrench » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,
This is not a very common problem. The Weight and Balance and Contact points are unique to each aircraft. As the problem is common to "just about all" of the default aircraft investigating these values doesn't seem to be in order. Presumably this is a new problem and if you don't have any likely candidate as to what could be causing the problem I suggest a System Restore to a point prior to the problem occurring. Don't forget that System Restore effects all of Windows so any changes (except to documents) will have to be redone. I'm assuming you have System Protection turned on for the FSX drive.
Jim F.
jandjfrench
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 pm

This has always been a problem I just lived with it.
I am no where near ready to uninstall and reinstall FSX and as for a restore point.
The big problem with that is you would loose window updates and they would have to be reinstalled more problems than what it is worth.
I think what I am most likely to do here is to look for different aircraft and remove the default ones.
That make more sense to me
But thanks for the input
<<v
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Best of luck.
Personally I think removing default aircraft from FSX, will open yet another "Can of Worms" for your flight simulator. Damage was done somewhere along the line for sure.

Once default aircraft have been removed, and you restart your flight simulator, and notice more annomalies with your flight simulator. Just putting the files back won't work, as well using the "Repair" for FSX. You have alienated your FSX, and redured it incompatable with others. It no longer is FSX, therefore it cannot "Repair" itself. I know of people that have done this.

You seem like a very level headed characture, Expirence will be your best teacher, Like I said earlier, Best of Luck.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:34 am

FoMoCo63 wrote:Best of luck.
Personally I think removing default aircraft from FSX, will open yet another "Can of Worms" for your flight simulator. Damage was done somewhere along the line for sure.

Once default aircraft have been removed, and you restart your flight simulator, and notice more annomalies with your flight simulator. Just putting the files back won't work, as well using the "Repair" for FSX. You have alienated your FSX, and redured it incompatable with others. It no longer is FSX, therefore it cannot "Repair" itself. I know of people that have done this.

You seem like a very level headed characture, Expirence will be your best teacher, Like I said earlier, Best of Luck.

I think I see where you are coming from here. I will give it more thought before I do any thing rash. With the weekend coming up that would give me the chance to restart.
I think back now and remember that I had to replace the hard drive that I had FSX installed on. I had copied the files over onto the new hard drive than I removed the old drive and renamed the new drive back to D. It is likely that something was corrupted on the old drive.
Thanks for the input.

<<v
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:54 am

garymbuska wrote:
FoMoCo63 wrote:Best of luck.

I think I see where you are coming from here. I will give it more thought before I do any thing rash. With the weekend coming up that would give me the chance to restart.
I think back now and remember that I had to replace the hard drive that I had FSX installed on. I had copied the files over onto the new hard drive than I removed the old drive and renamed the new drive back to D. It is likely that something was corrupted on the old drive.
Thanks for the input.

<<v

I think you hit a culprit there, Gary!
I remember a lot of problems by copying/moving stuff from one place to another, especial from one hdd to another.
Good luck ;)
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam