FSX Deluxe Help!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX Deluxe Help!

Postby bucaneer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and maybe had issue with this, but I am having trouble in directing the fresh install onto the main C/: drive folder
as the installer gives no option and immediately heads off for Program Files (86) to install.

I have read many articles in the past that this is not a good idea so will give it a go if anyone can help.

Running Windows 7.

Thanks.
bucaneer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSX Deluxe Help!

Postby mjrhealth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Simple solution. Let it install itsellf. Once done copy the FSX folder complete ( only the FSX with its directories) to your C/: directory or another drive ( leave the SDK where it is). than look for teh FSX path fix tool, an use it to point to the new directory. If you have space on another drive than copy teh fresh install there as a backup in case files get corrupted. Far easier to replace them that way.
mjrhealth
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:33 pm

bucaneer wrote:Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and maybe had issue with this, but I am having trouble in directing the fresh install onto the main C/: drive folder
as the installer gives no option and immediately heads off for Program Files (86) to install.

I have read many articles in the past that this is not a good idea so will give it a go if anyone can help.

Running Windows 7.

Thanks.

You have to chose the advanced install option. Or just change the name of the folder before it installs as you do not want to install this in the default location because of the way Windows 7 treats the program file folder. Also make sure to install and run using Administrator rights.

<<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby bucaneer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Mrj, Gary,

Thanks for taking time to submit possible solutions. I googeled the problem earlier this evening and found Mrj's solution in there also. All is good so far.
Not quite sure about the sdk part though, I did not install that of off the FSX Acceleration disk, but do know it is on the disk. Was there an sdk file/folder that I have not noticed in the new install FSX folder?

Will now set about installing Rex.2 and then upgrade to Rex Essentials Plus followed by Rex Essentials Plus OD. If that lot goes well, then FTX Blue Pacific North West.

Thanks for your suggestions though lads.
bucaneer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:16 am

bucaneer wrote:Mrj, Gary,

Thanks for taking time to submit possible solutions. I googeled the problem earlier this evening and found Mrj's solution in there also. All is good so far.
Not quite sure about the sdk part though, I did not install that of off the FSX Acceleration disk, but do know it is on the disk. Was there an sdk file/folder that I have not noticed in the new install FSX folder?

Will now set about installing Rex.2 and then upgrade to Rex Essentials Plus followed by Rex Essentials Plus OD. If that lot goes well, then FTX Blue Pacific North West.

Thanks for your suggestions though lads.

You really do not need the SDK which stands for software development kit
The one thing you want to do is to take your time. Install 1 thing than make sure it works than save the entire folder someplace than go to the next step.
By doing this you will save yourself a major headache when you discover that something is wrong but do not know what it is.
This way you will know that it was the last thing you installed and now you have the means to restore it back before adding the last item.
This method applies to any thing you wish to install into FSX.
As the old saying goes a ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure.

<<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam