The creation Of The Lockheed XF-90

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

The creation Of The Lockheed XF-90

Postby Amelia » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Mr David Allan has built the Lockheed XF-90, a very rare fighter interceptor of the early 1950s. As a little girl
I watched my brother make a model of the XF-90 made by Hawk plastic kits. The XF-90 was a flop for Lockheed,
but it made ever lasting fame as the fighter plane of Blackhawks who flew it in the comic books. It was over
weight and could not go very fast. I have not had a chance to look at he three paints that come with it so I
am hoping it comes with a Blackhawk paint. I D/L it from Fltsim.com.

Amelia
Amelia
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: The creation Of The Lockheed XF-90

Postby papituwall » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:35 am

Hi Amelia, you also have this same plane here at Simviation: http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=xf-90.zip&fileId=51358

I have downloadede both. It is FSX native and there is a Blackhaws version.

VC and panel are very simple, but due to the fact of being FSX native, you can change the interior files for other, this tutorial can help: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=173707

There are several single engined jet planes that will fit to the XF-90, take into accout that they must be FSX native, having in the model folder two separate files, one of them is usually named "interior".
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Re: The creation Of The Lockheed XF-90

Postby papituwall » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:16 am

I wrote, single engined isntead twin engined.

You can test with the FSX default F18, it in futuristic for a 1949 plane but for the Blackhawks can be nice.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight