Dornier-Do-27 FS9 error PART 2

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Dornier-Do-27 FS9 error PART 2

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:28 pm

(Dornier-Do-27 FS9 error PART ONE)
HELLO THERE starting 2017. I was adding Do-27 to my new Lap with Windows 10 when I noticed something NEW. I don´t know wether I learned to read instructions better, or if someone (Pete?) reconfigured the download files of Do-27. Since I had problems with Panel & Gauges of this aircraft, I decided to give a go to this new (for me) instructions & files:

The "fssound.dll" is inside this folder:

Since there was no OLD MODULES section, I added it at the bottom of FS9, but it moved itself here after saving:

I configured my flight in FS 2004 with Do-27 at Duxford, and NO MORE NEED for the "Do27-pEW" fix!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I know the gauges are a little oval on my 2D panel: that´s because my Display screen resolution is at 1366x768x32, the size my Lap Screen has. Since the virtual cockpit & all other views show correctly, I can live with that (happens with all FS aircraft on both Sim versions: FS 2004 & Golden Wings).

<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: Dornier-Do-27 FS9 error PART 2

Postby hjwalter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:31 pm

The instruction is correct and is applicable when older instruments, developed for e.g. FS98, are used in FS9 panels. FS9 will crash if any such old instruments are found to be present in any FS9 panel without the instruction in question being correctly implemented.

Hans
hjwalter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:03 pm

hjwalter wrote:The instruction is correct and is applicable when older instruments, developed for e.g. FS98, are used in FS9 panels. FS9 will crash if any such old instruments are found to be present in any FS9 panel without the instruction in question being correctly implemented.

Hans

Buenos días Hans, my FS 2004 did not crash but posted this warning FOR EVERY GAUGE on Do-27 panel,

and then ALL OF´EM again before the actual flight would open, something like 50 clics!! After eliminating the ofending gauges, there was none left in the panels. Had to install Do27-pEW for correcting this anoyance. Firs time I see this DLL file, don´t remember seeing it when adding this aircraft 4 years ago. Have not tried into FSX yet, to see if DLL work there too.

Hasta la Vista
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 am

I would suspect that the file was updated from the first time you downloaded it. I have seen this happen before where the original uploader made a change to the file by adding something. The FSSOUND.DLL is an older gauge I think it goes back to FS8. As a rule of thumb you want to keep instructions like the OLD FILE instructions close to the top. I have noticed that the FS9 cfg file keeps all of the important stuff at the top and than works its way down as it goes.
if you look further down you will notice the sound fader lines this is why the line you put at the bottom was moved toward the top so it is executed before it gets to the sound lines.
The biggest problem is when they fail to tell you about it and you get errors like the one you got. Makes one scratch there head and say okay now what????
8-) :doh:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight