Aircraft bounce during taxi

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Aircraft bounce during taxi

Postby TryHinkel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 pm

I tried tweaking with the .cgf contact points a touch (backing up the original .cfg first, of course!), might delve into the CG...with judicious calculations first. Thanks!
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Aircraft bounce during taxi

Postby garymbuska » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:44 am

Dave T wrote:I have the same problem with the Justflight Duchess bouncing during taxiing in fs2004 sometimes, I couldn't find a solution either it doesn't seem to do this in FSX. I will have a look at the duchess over christmas and see if I can improve it in Fs9.

As I stated earlier fi you have an aircraft that bounces at just one airport the odds are there is a scenery problem. This is especially true if other aircraft bounce as well. In cases like this you have to pay attention to the order in which scenery is displayed. This can make a real difference.
one of the nasty things that both FSX and FS9 do is when you add new scenery it puts it at the top of the list. In cases where you have added an AFCAD file to an existing scenery you might want to change the order in which it is displayed.Trust me it can make a big difference .
In some cases you want to display the original scenery first than the edited scenery but not always it depends on what was changed if all you did was to change runway numbers than there should be no problem.
But if you added a taxiway or changed the runway length than it can make a difference. It has to do with layers if the two runways have different layers it will cause a bouncing effect, Now mind you you will not be able to see the difference unless the layers are really way off than you could see two different runways one above the other. This really looks wired.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight