Mouse Wheel Problem

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Mouse Wheel Problem

Postby Awaken » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm a bit baffled and ask anyone that can help. My mouse scroll wheel now moves my view when I'm in VC view and I'll be darned if I can fix it. I was in VC view and went to adjust my Altimeter, which I do with my mouse scroll wheel, it moves my viewpoint forward and backwards (not zoom level). I can't see any settings that will change the mouse function. :doh:

Thanks,...Ken
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Mouse Wheel Problem

Postby garymbuska » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:42 am

Awaken wrote:I'm a bit baffled and ask anyone that can help. My mouse scroll wheel now moves my view when I'm in VC view and I'll be darned if I can fix it. I was in VC view and went to adjust my Altimeter, which I do with my mouse scroll wheel, it moves my viewpoint forward and backwards (not zoom level). I can't see any settings that will change the mouse function. :doh:

Thanks,...Ken

I have seen this happen before it usually is caused by clicking on the current view than when you move the mouse wheel the image will increase and decrease or pan in and out as you move the wheel
the only cure to this is to switch views to say spot view click on the screen than use the plus and minus keys to go back and forth than try going back to the other view just make sure not to click on the screen anywhere.

By clicking on the screen FS assumes you want to fade in and out. I am not sure of how to stop this other than to change views than come back
But to be honest with you I never really looked that hard to see if it could be stopped.
I do know that there are keystroke assignments that can be changed that might prevent this but like I said I never really looked into it I just change views
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Awaken » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:50 am

Thank you Gary. I tried your suggestion but the problem remains. I think I will restore all my control settings to default and see if that will straighten this out. Thanks for the help. ^-^
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:31 am

Sounds like you have F1View installed.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Awaken » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 pm

You are absolutely right Hagar, I found F1View dll in modules. I have no idea how it got there :shock:, scratching my head on this one :think: . I ran F1View and uninstalled it and everything is how it should be. Thanks everyone for the help.
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Good one! 8-)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:22 am

Awaken wrote:You are absolutely right Hagar, I found F1View dll in modules. I have no idea how it got there :shock:, scratching my head on this one :think: . I ran F1View and uninstalled it and everything is how it should be. Thanks everyone for the help.

That is a new one for me I have not heard of that at all Thanks Hagar for the heads up
As to how the dll showed up in your module folder that is easy some add on you installed put it there. That is why I always check the add on to make sure it is not going to put something I do not want. And stay away from add on's that have self installer unless you completely trust the author.
It is down loads like this that can cause all kinds of problems. The best thing to do is to have a known working back up of FSX that way you can always go back to a working sim.
I have a backup DVD for both FSX and FS9 Just use a rewrightable DVD and do not close it that way you can over write it again
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight