Vladamirs C-123 flying with ground items - crates/ladders

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Vladamirs C-123 flying with ground items - crates/ladders

Postby MJAModeo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:31 am

After my main computer was stolen I had to reinstall fs2004 and all my planes. I found VZ's C-123 but it is flying with the crates and groound ladders. I might have resolved this problem some years ago on my old computer but I don't remember how. Can anyone tell me how to fly Vlad's C-123 without the ground items following me? Thanks!
MJAModeo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Vladamirs C-123 flying with ground items - crates/ladder

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 pm

I have the FS 2004 and FSX "Air America" C123 craft.

Have a peek at the "readme file" enclosed with the aircraft for instructions.

I nominated Shift+T to open the rear cargo Doors, and "/" to remove/replace the cargo when on the ground.

There will be other defined key presses to carry out the other options; ladder, refuel, etc....

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MJAModeo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Thanks Fozzer but that's not what I mean - I got the opening of the cargo door and sliding in and out of the palette figured out. However in the 3d model of the aircraft there is a field ladder under engine and three large crates on the port side and a field ladder under the engine on the starboard side of the aircraft - they also appear before I begin the simulation in the preview of the aircraft selection window. These items are not part of the cargo loading and unloading effect. I have another c-123 (other than Vladamir's) which do not present these items but on the other plane the panel is incomplete, plus I really like Vladamir's version!
I have two images in a local directory to show this but I can't figure out how to post them.
MJAModeo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Are you sure that's not part of an; "Add-on scenery" for FS 2004?

I have also seen it in my FS 2004, but I'm sure it was the aircraft parked at a particular airfield scene which I had installed.

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MJAModeo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Yes I'm sure. These items appear in the aircraft selection window and also in flight at +5000 feet - two service groung ladders and three crates. I know it sounds crazy. The only thing I can immagine is that Vlad included them directly within the aircraft model file though I can't immagine why. An oversite maybe? If you don't have this problem then tell me what c-123 your flying (made by who) and I'll try to find it and install it to see what happens.
Thanks
MJAModeo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby MJAModeo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:13 pm

MJAModeo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:30 am

Turn on the Beacon light on the electrical panel and the items will disappear.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:09 am

I got my Fairchild C123 aircraft from here...>>>

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... 23&x=0&y=0

My favourite is the; "Air America" with its 2D panel, which I have highly modified with FS Panel Studio, to suit me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099005/

I use both the FS 2004 and FSX versions in my FSX.

A delightful plane to fly!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ..!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MJAModeo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 am

Thanks Dave, It's not very intuitive and I couldn't make heads or tales of kind Vlads englissian - but it works.
Of course if I had made my test flight with proper proceedures, instead of trying "bushplane" style, I wouldn't have had a problem!

Thanks to you too Fozzer ... problem solved.
MJAModeo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

Glad you got the problem fixed. The problem is caused by the designer incorporating ground equipment with cargo doors and sometimes the main door. But it is really strange when you are flying at flight level 320 and you see the ground equipment flying with you. This is not part of FS2004 you will sometimes find the same thing in FSX.
I prefer that the ground equipment be tied to some other keystroke but either way if you for get to turn it off the ground equipment is going to go with you.

Now when I start seeing fuel trucks go around my aircraft while in flight I think I might give the guys in the white suits a call and tell them to bring the straight jackets. :lol:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight