Trump 757 by POSKY disappointing

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Trump 757 by POSKY disappointing

Postby mikeEmerc » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:46 am

Hahahaha ! Capt Midnight. If I could make only one mistake in a year,I'd be da' man !
//
I downloaded that Gruman Mallard a couple days ago.
Someone in this thread mentioned downloading other ac from other sites and the other sites using exe files to install the ac and causeing problems.
Guess what bud... it took me 4 times ( 4 attempts) to run the Mallard exe before all the files would install. The files that were causeing loaading problems were mainly the sound files.
But it just goes to show...trouble is where you find it....and the Mallard,...I got it from this sim site.
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ViperPilot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 am

mike,

I got the Turbo Mallard from here, and Installed it last night; took me all of 10 minutes to set it up and go Flying.

Milton's posse makes their File Packages pretty easy to Install; the key is to Install to a Temp Folder on the Desktop, and stick it into the Sim from there.

Effects into the main FS Effects Folder, Gauges into the main Gauges Folder, and the Bird into the main Aircraft Folder. Easy as pie.

BTW.. may we see a finished version of your Trump 752? Just curious...

Alan :ugeek: :D
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:14 pm

ViperPilot wrote:mike,

I got the Turbo Mallard from here, and Installed it last night; took me all of 10 minutes to set it up and go Flying.

Milton's posse makes their File Packages pretty easy to Install; the key is to Install to a Temp Folder on the Desktop, and stick it into the Sim from there.

Effects into the main FS Effects Folder, Gauges into the main Gauges Folder, and the Bird into the main Aircraft Folder. Easy as pie.

BTW.. may we see a finished version of your Trump 752? Just curious...

Alan :ugeek: :D

I don't know why this type of installer is even required???
It is just another step to get to the contents. A zip file does the same thing and you can extract files directly to where they are needed. Extracting to a temp folder through an installer is an unnecessary step.
Skywatcher
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ViperPilot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Skywatcher wrote:I don't know why this type of installer is even required???
It is just another step to get to the contents. A zip file does the same thing and you can extract files directly to where they are needed. Extracting to a temp folder through an installer is an unnecessary step.

Awww, I don't mind the Installer; I look at it as one last chance to make it right, before it goes into the Sim.

Ol' Milton... he's personally helped me out with a couple of issues; and always with a kind word.

Alan :ugeek: :clap:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:37 am

For what it is worth FSPANELSTUDIO can not be used to alter or make a VIRTUAL COCKPIT (VC). It can only be used to make or alter 2d panels
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:40 am

garymbuska wrote:For what it is worth FSPANELSTUDIO can not be used to alter or make a VIRTUAL COCKPIT (VC). It can only be used to make or alter 2d panels
<<u

FS Panel Studio will display gauges used in the VC. These can be swapped for other gauges but the position cannot be changed.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this topic. :think:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mikeEmerc » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:19 am

True. I make my own panels,and almost never fly using the 3D (VC) panel. Most of my AC have no VC panel. I eliminate as many BMPs from my ac file that I can,and that includes the ones for the VC and wing views.
I did open the Milton in a temp folder. And when installing using the exe file,it would extract for a while,then post an error that such and such a file (sound file) was probably corrupt,and the craft couldnt be installed,and I need to re-install the craft. This took me every bit of 4 attempts until it finally installed into the temp file. Sadly,the ac was a rather large file and killed my frame rates so I dumped it.
It IS a very nice looking ac tho. Gotta say that.
I'll have to dig around for the 757 Trump. I removed it for hard drive space. I keep only ac that I fly frequently,and right now,the Trump ac I am using is a 737 I downloaded. I modified the paint on it a bit because the logo on the tail was poor in detail.
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:20 am

Captain Midnight wrote:Ordinarily, that would be nice EXCEPT this is the FS2004 forum and this plainly states that it is for FSX.
Free ..... but NA.

One FSX out of forum :clap: :clap: :clap: for all those FS 2004 SCREENSHOTS not included in FS 2004 - A Century of Flight forum :doh: (to cancell FASTER, because of... "DECAY?" :violin: :violin: :violin: )
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight